Elite 1.32 international harvester 885XL

IH885XLMAN

No scott , dont realy collect alot of 1.64 .I like 1.6 and 1.12 (got a david brown 1412 made by BFA )Your right the pic at the top is a 585xl ..Its the olny pic that ive got that could pass as a 885 xl

heres another pic proper 885xl this time but in case ih livery (i like the red & cream ones)

thanks nigel

Nigel, in your picture at the top of the thread it sure looks like the numbers on the side of the tractor say "585" but in the IH literature I have, it says four wheel drive wasn't available for the 585. My memory isn't that good but i remember that picture from sales brochures of yore and I always thought it was an 885. Do you have any personal experience of the 585?

I really wanted Dad to buy a 785 when it was tractor buying time but we had already bought a bulk milk tank from our IH dealer and he wanted to spread business around so we ended up with a Massey Ferguson 675 instead. It was a nice enough tractor.  :)

the 85 series was introduced in 1981 from 485 to 885 all had optional xl cab and torque amplifier but 4wd at the rime was olny availble to the 885 until 1982 or 1983 when 4wd was then available to the 784 ,685 and the 585 acording to the new book called 'The roar of dust and diesel(a story of INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER at doncaster)

yes it also shows a few american imports and exports I had it as a chrimbo pressy of my better half(war horse) it goes on from mccormic's first reaber to the formation of IHC and doncaster built machines like the GB farmals Bs ms 450s 614s 634s, 74s,84s, & 85s breaking into luxury cabs,mergers everything

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! You must really like this tractor! I can see you badly want it made! I hope some company makes one! The pics of the real machine look great!

I'm with  you tractorman, the 885XL is top of my wish list too. Any scale will do, though 1/32 would be the best.

I worked as an Engineer at Case Doncaster after I graduated university, working on the 85 Series tractors. There was also a 995XL - I don't know how many were built. This was  an 885 with a turbo added. The only visual change, if I remember, was a bulge by the turbo with a heat shield to stop the decal burning off! 

We built one for the launch at Smithfield, painted satin black all over, based on the earlier black Case demonstrators.

i drive a case 856 xl a good litle tractor you can go anywere in the mud in the dust though gardens in and out of litle padocks good turnig cycle on it the only probs i have with it is when you are shunting around the yard or i a tright place it is hard to shuttle back a forward and the clutch is so tight hard work when you are trying to use the rear bale caryer we have but the it is fast on the road and is nice on the rough roads cant conplan to much i have some good memores with it and will hate leaveing it when i go to my new job i might by it off my dad

i just had one through the post from america off ebay ,olny cost me ?10 postage included,I have a mint in the box one in the loft, but this is the one im going to play around with chop the back off and do a cab, fuse it on ,repaint it ,coz mine has been played with i might even get some scale down 3 point linkage for extra effect

my old girl had a little fire on me lets say it wont no game of hot potato  :D more like hot seat as i was driveng pased my antiey who just happens to work at the local radio and they have played song all weekend for me burn babby burn hot stuff and loads more i didnt think it could go that fast till then 33.4 mhp i got up to

my old girl had a little fire on me lets say it wont no game of hot potato? :D more like hot seat as i was driveng pased my antiey who just happens to work at the local radio and they have played song all weekend for me burn babby burn hot stuff and loads more i didnt think it could go that fast till then 33.4 mhp i got up to

What he say ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  You haven't been sneaking into the Numpty vaccine have you JD? :D