Any advice on VAT qualifying Double cab pickup trucks please

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I previously had an Isuzu Rodeo for three years and it didn't put a foot wrong, the best mpg i got out of it was 36mpg, but that was being really economic and not how i would usually drive. Very comfy to drive, but like any of these double cab pickups a bit bumpy in the back for passengers. The new models are even nicer inside with the built in sat nav and leather seats.

I now currently own a L200 Barbarian slightly bigger truck than the isuzu, has a great engine in it, the four wheel drive system is brilliant and would be futher improved with correct off road tyres. The ride is slightly firmer than the isuzu, but this seems to make it better for passengers in the back.

Hope this is of some help.

I would say the hilux we have had them since a y plate and change them every three year normaly we kept the last one for 7 years and it was a really good machine. it had done about 110 000 when it went with no major problems it was the 2.7 desiel one. we now have a 3.0ltr invinsabile on a 10 plate it is the monkeys nuts. alot of my mates with niveras are now getting the hi lux instead.

My local garage has just brought in the Isuzu  it looks amazing they also do Mazda If I was buying a new one I would go for the Isuzu at £18 000 for the double cab I have the Ford Ranger at the moment which I love anyway.

Thanks once again peoples, one and all.. the deed has been done today  :of  ;D  .. more news when it arrives.. which should be soon I hope  :P

I must say I'll be pleased to say goodbye to the Landy.... although I'll miss not owning one in the future.. I'll not miss the ride, poor fuel consumption, downtime for repairs... slow motorway speed... crappy heater.. shall I go on  :D :D :D  .. I've had a Defender of some configuration since 2001.. but having fallen out with the main ealer in Cambridge a couple of years back I am also pleased to NOT be giving them my money  ;D

Your help in here has been invaluable so thanks again everyone  :-*

Well recently I looked at all pick-ups mark as was looking at replacing mine and nearly did till chewed its gearbox up (only thing it hadn't eaten) and Isuzu was nice truck and value for money.  L200 i felt was very over rated and with reliability of mine I'm sick of Mitsu! Navara was very very impressed for the money came with every toy you can want and ride and power was superb.  But the best is Hilux but that goes with the price just everything spot on felt more range rover then a pick-up BUT there is a lot of horror stories with them ones bought in last few years

thanks Phil... Gavin was telling us about your truck shopping on the way home from Malvern mate.. in fact... I blame you for egging me on  >:(:D :D ...

Good luck with youtr shopping mate... sent you a PM  ;)

Oh god what was said about me?  :laugh: :laugh:  looking forward to meeting all you lot come spalding well if my truck is sold by then don't trust it to the shop let alone all way to Spalding

Cheers though mark my shoppings now had to go on hold due to my nice bonus etc that was paying for large chunk of upgrade had to go on a gearbox etc I HATE my L200 :laugh:

How gutting Phil... I hope you get it fixed.. and then get shot fast mate.. nothing wose than a truck you don't trust  :'(

All fixed now and for sale cant wait to say good bye its cost me £1 for every mile I've done in maintenance and will be replaced by td5 disco :)

Well... in true 'me' style... I've never been a fan of letting the grass grow under my feet  :-[:D :D  .... my new car arrived today.... so it was goodbye Landy... hello Rodeo..

64cbdf0a.jpg

fdbd6da6.jpg

30225e0b.jpg

The salesman delivered it this afternoon... it's Mrs F's car really... she looks like a drug dealer in this I reckon  ;D

Very nice Marky, I thought you may be won over by one of them after you tried them ;D

I blame it on you Gav  >:(  .. never even thought of one of these until we passed the Isuzu garage on Sunday PM.... then you kept singing their praises and the deed was done in my head  >:(:D :D

I'm not sure I like the front grill... Sean suggested painting it black... anyone any good at photoshop so we can see it first  :-\ :D :D

It does drive very nicely when compared to the old Landy