model tractor warner hall article

Warner Hall has a very good piece (as ever), the first of a two-parter looking at Britains lorries. The prototypes that he made which were not taken up by Britains make for interesting what-if propositions, IMO they should have just gone with everything he suggested, as he had some great ideas that were rejected!

Reading the article I was reminded of the shortlived Iveco Cargo from about 10 years ago, very odd that it was discontinued after such a short time and more wasn't made of the casting

I was having a browse through this magazine today especially Warner's article concerning O&M Hausser. I was quite stuck by how similar their seed drill (page 38) was to the one in the Nils Fischer auction yesterday, lot 3561.

The auctioned one appearing to be an O&M Hausser one, even down to their part no. 4436 being used  ??? All that was missing was the lids to the grey hoppers

Easy to see how a mistake could be made, as the hitch method for implement is identical to Britains own, perhaps patents, if any, had lapsed by now?

Did Hausser not mark their products? ::)

Having read Warner Halls article, I assume that the said item was indeed the Hausser one which Warner took to Britains to try and persuade them to do something similar, and I imagine that it came back out via the sale of Charles Biggs archive of Britains prototypes etc a few years ago.  The only 'special' feature of it seems to be what appears to be a Britains reference label tied to it - but hardly worthy of bidding £220 + buyers premium  :-

It is a shame the Hausser range didn't last long; I have a few of the Hausser models, and they are very high quality, probably better than the best that Britains have ever acheived, and of course using an identical linkage. If only they had produced the Fahr combine in 32nd rather 43rd.

The article obviously grabbed your attention, lads. 

Feedback from articles is important for the editorial staff and also of interest to other readers who are not all members on this forum and Model Farmer does publish letters. 

So why not send your comments to editor (with proper name and address please) and you may even get into print yourselves. 

I was having a browse through this magazine today especially Warner's article concerning O&M Hausser. I was quite stuck by how similar their seed drill (page 38) was to the one in the Nils Fischer auction yesterday, lot 3561.

The auctioned one appearing to be an O&M Hausser one, even down to their part no. 4436 being used  ??? All that was missing was the lids to the grey hoppers

Easy to see how a mistake could be made, as the hitch method for implement is identical to Britains own, perhaps patents, if any, had lapsed by now?

Did Hausser not mark their products? ::)

I believe Warner contacted Vectis to let them know of their catalogue error. I was suprised to see it reach the price it did!

Just to clarify, my post above was about Warner Hall's article in Model Tractor, not Model Farmer, which was why I started a new topic in the Events & Magazines section

I am really confused now.  I wrote a reply, edited it and then re-edited it!  ( I get BOTH magazines and Warner writes for both)

What I said applies to both magazines.  If you have feedback on an article DO write to the editor whether it is Model Farmer or Model Tractor makes no difference, feedback is so important as it shows not only interest but often expertise in a specific field which has to be of interest to both readers and the writers alike.

I know what you mean LV (in fact I've a letter planned for Model Tractor  ;D ), what I meant was that my original post about Warner's articles on Britains lorries shouldn't have been put in this topic as it didn't relate to Model Farmer

I know what you mean LV (in fact I've a letter planned for Model Tractor  ;D ), what I meant was that my original post about Warner's articles on Britains lorries shouldn't have been put in this topic as it didn't relate to Model Farmer

It was, I think, the words "Issue 4" that prompted whoever to merge the topic.  No doubt Andy can sort it out.

Apologies, it was me who moved the topic (with haste!) without reading your reply properly!

In our last issue we did a preview for the Nils Fischer collection in which there are Warner's two prototype lorries featured. They both sold for £380 ish.

Just to clarify, my post above was about Warner Hall's article in Model Tractor, not Model Farmer, which was why I started a new topic in the Events & Magazines section

Sorry, my mistake as I get both magazines and don't really pay attention to which one I am reading ???

This article/thread is even more confusing now with, a change of title.

In reply to your original post, before it was inadvertently hijacked ::) , yes Warner Hall has made some fantastic prototypes for Britains to peruse and it is a shame that they didn't take up more of his ideas.

The artic and six wheeler would have made a welcome addition to the road series. Lack of funds perhaps? or direction?

With regard the Ford Cargo box body truck, not one of their finest but I suppose there was some potential there for further variations  :-\

sorry paul, the main titles ok on the first post, but it doesnt swap them after that, unlike when we merge tiopics where it does??? will have a wordf about that with andy tommorrow

You have to select that as an option.

Anyway, back on topic now.

The Britains Iveco Cargo - yes considering the lorry has successors still very popular in the the 7.5t market not I thought Britains would have given their lorry a facelift too.