Britains Collection

britains

blimey i didnt know britains made Worzel Gummidge figures, they used to film that just up the road from my nan on my fathers side of the familly, outside a place called romsey,must keep me eyes peeled for one of those

welcome to ftf by the way ,great to see some more dutch members joining,

Worzel Gummage (with alternative heads!) and Aunt Sally (sometimes used by collectors as 19th century women in displays) was one of Britain's short lived follies, only 1980-82.

Oh, and hi 'britains'/Floris. I look forward to seeing more of your animals & people, which I guess go back to the beginning of plastic farm in 1955, rather than your general 1960 collection start date. Have you got any interesting 'rare colours' of people/animals?

I like the interesting Britains garden leaflet. Not seen one of them before.

Same here. I have the English version, but never knew there was a Dutch version of this little booklet. Bearing this in mind, I now guess there are French, German, Spanish, etc versions as well.

Also now wondering if there are other language versions of the 4 leaflets (Garden, Farm, Zoo & 'Assorted') issued 1962-4.

Same here. I have the English version, but never knew there was a Dutch version of this little booklet. Bearing this in mind, I now guess there are French, German, Spanish, etc versions as well.

Also now wondering if there are other language versions of the 4 leaflets (Garden, Farm, Zoo & 'Assorted') issued 1962-4.

See here.........http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,25096.msg503875.html#msg503875 ....... bottom one in French

That's a nice looking collection you have there. I only collect Britain's in 1/32 and to date have just over 800 pieces...but two of yours eluded me

1) The MB Trac and Forage wagon circa 1984 - is that number 9601

2) The Ford 7710 and Twose rear digger circa 1984 - is that number 9598

I have all 4 individual tractors and implements just not the ones above :(

Well Graham did try and tease me with it Chris...but really after all these years I have been buying from him (Oct 2004 at Perth) when I started my Britain's collection again he should know "no box....no buy" ;D ;D

• 1 month later...