don't you just hate DUST on your models

A damn good question... I don't do mine as often as I should I must admit.. but when I do I pinch one of my wife's makeup brushes - they are nice and soft. I won'ty let anyone else do it as I always end up with broken mirrors and exhaust pipes  >:( :'(

looking good Erik..! Can you come over? i have loads of dusting to do still.. done about 150 of the 900 already ;)

i use a static dust cloth. It is one of the best dust removing items out there, and for the difficult parts i use a size 10 paint brush that i stole from Kaat  ;D

Most of my models are in cabinets that are relatively dust-free although there are times when they need a clean.  Every time I need to take photos for Model Farmer I have a cleaning job as the camera picks up every little speck!

I use a lens brush as it is small and very soft or a small "dazzle duster" for the bigger items which works using a static charge.

I find a static cloth the best way for the larger parts, and use a small brush, and some times a cutip for hard to reach places, knock on wood never broken any parts off so far, have to say this is only the second time in 10 years that i had to clean, the glass doors do a good job of keeping the dust out.

It is an awesome model David,made by the infamous Richard Outram at OHS models,he used to make some fantastic stuff,made some 1/32 scale Case IH / McCormack's which were very expensive back in the day,

Regards

Joe.

Erik, how often do you clean out your cabinet and models? I put up some new ones about five years ago and cleaned them for the first time last year. The models themselves weren't to bad, more the dust lying on the glass shelves.

I usually use a combination of brushes, static cloth and a can of compressed air.

Erik, how often do you clean out your cabinet and models? I put up some new ones about five years ago and cleaned them for the first time last year. The models themselves weren't to bad, more the dust lying on the glass shelves.

I usually use a combination of brushes, static cloth and a can of compressed air.

This was the second time since i have that cabinet, witch is about 10 years, and you are wright more dust on the shelfs than on the models  ;)