Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amyone know if this is an 'official' JD track option or an aftermarket type thingy?

They are aftermarket. Build by Italian firm Grecav. John Deere's own tracks come from German firm Harain which I think they took over.

Lovely Dommy and TF44 you captured there Malcy and I have to say. . ..  forget all the combine wars*. ... that photo of the Herc is a beauty. That huge sky with the last of the evenings sun and the mall dot inbetween which is one of our Fat Alberts is just great.

(* except this bit!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ol ain't on his own with the thoughts on Gleaners. . ..  ;) Our R62's ran rings around Lexion 470's in Kansas  ;) )

Next, from Claas Farm (they had all Claas kit - combine, tractors, telehandler, baler... but then they were about 3/4 of a mile from Manns at Saxham!) this nice Tucano 430

this is jimmy mann farm at honey hill. he is the other half of the mann family so guess good idea to havde claas machines !!!!!!

first chance to catch up on here for weeks great pictures malcy.

as for colour wars on wednesday bwe had 750 on demo aginst vour 580+ and see was moving 1 mile an hour faster little hornet of a combine. so even some combinesv within one "colour gruop are better than others. agree with all the combine drivers versus riders issue. all machines only as capable as the operator.

this is jimmy mann farm at honey hill. he is the other half of the mann family...

Wow - nice guy. I chatted with him and he invited me up for a ride in the Tucano, but as time was pressing I sadly declined... Only goes to show, you never know when you are talking to Royalty! ;) ;) ;)

/m.

here is the claas, we have a new holland T7030 and jd 7530 carting with 4 16 ton richard western trailers. and the new JCB pushing the OSR into the dryer, and what i was carting the dried OSR to the store with. im going on a new holland T7030 to cart the dried wheat as i have a  drive from farm to store so i need a decent roadworthy tractor and trailer. the deere was just alright for that store as it has a low roof so a small tractor and trailer was required

post-2337-132639898063_thumb.png

post-2337-132639898085_thumb.png

post-2337-132639898102_thumb.png

post-2337-132639898173_thumb.png

On the way home I saw the TX32 from yesterday in the same field of barley, the CX8040 I photographed yesterday was parked in another field, then I saw a Class 480 in a field of wheat (first wheat I've seen being done) and then finally just on the outskirts of Shrewsbury a JD 9780 was on its way to work somewhere.  We had a heavy downpour around 2pm but no more rain since, didn't think I'd see any action to be honest.

For those that have read Farmers Weekly this week this might be interesting - the combines and corn carts of Pelham Farming in action today. Two NH CR9080s with NH tractors carting with HM trailers.

post-2468-132639898992_thumb.jpg

post-2468-132639899006_thumb.jpg

post-2468-13263989904_thumb.jpg

We did think that we may go here this afternoon on the spring barley but it was 21% at 1pm and still 21% at 4pm despite there being a good wind and sunshine, I thought that he was being hopefull after it rained yesterday morning ;D