new john deere 6r and 7r series

Paul Palmer

They look sh1t don't they Bring back the Deere 7810

Had exactly the same thoughts.. you cannot beat the 10 series!

These new ones look way too big, ugly and just technology that's going to cost but you dont need it.

Tractor driving is becoming full of all these snazzy computers and gizmo's and gadjets which might be usefull but you need a degree in I.C.T to use them.

Just my opinion  ::)

I agree that the 10 series were probably the best JD's ever built. But Deere have to move forward with the technology and progress or people would critisise them for being stick in the muds, I could go on for hours about this  ::)

Not to convinced on the styling, cab looks good though. Hopefully the electrics will last as long as the mechanical components. This comment about the electrics was directed at all modern tractors not just Deere as well  :P

The ten series could be said to be the best tractors anyone built to be fair to them, Deere hit the nail on the head with a large hammer when they got them out there. They havn't done badly since either, I hope this is mechanically and technologically a good tractor because the stylist hasn't done them any favours from where I'm looking.. ..  :-\

My uncle said their demo ones are due any day and hopes are high for them the 8's will follow soon to with the same styling . To me they look very mf8690 style which is such a shame to many bits of kit look similar now , no brand identity really bar colour and the badge .

Im a deere fan but I even think the artist should be shot..... the 7Rs don't look too bad but the 6R just look completely out of proportion. I think the 00 series styling kinda looked stupid on the 8*00. cant remember if the 10s went that far or if they jumped to 20s but it was just a decal change of the 00 series anyway with a few little things changed...

The following may offend some people... :police:

Taking a quick look it looks as though its a fendt in deere livery. think the latest releases from the former.

Im guessing these will start at 170hp then and the old 6030 premiums will fill 120 - 170 gap for a while until the 6m appear next year? or will the 5R be getting and upgrade and going to 150hp? place your bets now...

My uncle said their demo ones are due any day and hopes are high for them the 8's will follow soon to with the same styling . To me they look very mf8690 style which is such a shame to many bits of kit look similar now , no brand identity really bar colour and the badge .

i think the 8r were out before the 6 and 7 sean,got a brochure for the 8r,with the new grill styling ages ago mate

The ten series could be said to be the best tractors anyone built to be fair to them, Deere hit the nail on the head with a large hammer when they got them out there. They havn't done badly since either, I hope this is mechanically and technologically a good tractor because the stylist hasn't done them any favours from where I'm looking.. ..  :-\

Well put Tris.

post-628-132639831272_thumb.jpg

i think the 8r were out before the 6 and 7 sean,got a brochure for the 8r,with the new grill styling ages ago mate

Sorry Paul I ment to say revamped to the same looks bonnet and cab wise , I think they are different at present all be it different to the out going stuff 6&7 wise

i dont know who does the design work for deere but id fire them for that, but then again they would not have been made if deere were not happy with them. i bet they go well though but i must say the bonnet looks high up so if your a midget like me id struggle when servicing it or cleaning/changing filters ect... id need a bloody ladder. the cab looks like there is a tad more room in it.

what hp is each model.

if the new 6r series is replacing the old 7030 premium series they must be at least 200hp and what about the 7r series,mabee creeping into the low 300hp???? anyone know

very nice, theyve done what jcb do to the fasttracs, instead of making a tractor low and long, they have made it very high and short to fit the engine in.

that 7280r will have some stick from the new fasttrack aswell as they are the same horsepower and a similar shape and size. will be interesting to compare the machines in technology, handling, comfort ect...

your right there sean

i belive the idea is similar to mf and ford in having basic  parts that fit the whole range of tractors and not just say the 8 series,  look at the mf's cab grills and basic bonnet parts are all identical,i have a feeling my uncle said they are all on training courses very soon for them to???  and hes been told a model form of one of thems already been sorted ,and hes working on a special dealers launch only one for me if he can, seeing as hes very very well in with the boss