britains trailer

I thought it was the 6.5t version ???

looking at that trailer mark i'd have said it was a 4 or 5 tonner, also got to realise this trailer wasn't actually based on an MF trailer all those years back although WEEKS did do a tandem axle 5 tone trailer wether it was done in MF colours i dont know

thought you would have known that marcus, weeks made all the mf 200 trailers to the best of my knowledge, as for sizes they did the following in drop side single axel format  2.5 , 4 , 4.5 , 5, and the 6.5, i still recon it looks more like a 5 or 6.5 in size

Calculate holding capacity by the number of 'sections', uprights on the sideboards, each 'division' is 2 ton. These trailers in real life, if fitted with the wide type tyres, were rated to 4.5 ton and with the normal 750x16 wheel and tyre, as the earlier trailers were fitted with such as the Weeks, Martin Markham and Ferguson they were rated at 3 ton. These 'weights' related to a load of grain with grain sides on, nominal weight of grain being measured in the 'bushel' weight which is 28lb. Having said all that, the trailer could hold a consderable lot more weight but that's how you would reckon out your load.

thought you would have known that marcus, weeks made all the mf 200 trailers to the best of my knowledge, as for sizes they did the following in drop side single axel format  2.5 , 4 , 4.5 , 5, and the 6.5, i still recon it looks more like a 5 or 6.5 in size

Weeks certainly made trailers for MF in the 60s and early 70s (the ubiquitous 3 ton and 5 ton carts that were common on so many farms back then were all Weeks), but in the 80s, most of the 200 range were made by Marston Agricultural Services.

Weeks certainly made trailers for MF in the 60s and early 70s (the ubiquitous 3 ton and 5 ton carts that were common on so many farms back then were all Weeks), but in the 80s, most of the 200 range were made by Marston Agricultural Services.

the picture marky posted up is a weeks as he kindly scanned me the brochure,and the weeks name is cast in the body,that brochure is dated 1979,thanks for the info ploughmaster