Driffield Show 2011

Despite the inclement weather I spent the first part of this morning taking photographs of some of the machinery stands at Driffield Show before the heavens opened, quite a contrast to the gloriously warm weather that graced last year's event. That said I was able to catch up with a number of good friends and also capture some of the latest modern machinery that local dealers had to offer.

Here's my first batch from the small selection of photographs I took this morning.

Starting with a pair of Massey Ferguson tractors involved with timber and recycling work:

P1070870.jpg

P1070871.jpg

Peacock and Binnington with a selection of Agco products:

P1070874.jpg

P1070875.jpg

P1070873.jpg

P1070876.jpg 

Nifty little John Deere 5055E on Ripon Farm Services stand:

P1070877.jpg

One of Housham's self propelled sprayers taking pride of place on their stand:

P1070878.jpg

The Bobcat stand:

P1070880.jpg

Smart looking Claas Axion found on the loading ramp overlooking the livestock area:

P1070881.jpg

Impressive looking Bredal equipped Challenger Terra Gator.

P1070882.jpg

Tidy International W-9 seen on a Insurance company's stand.

P1070923.jpg

Massey Ferguson 7400 series tractor seen on Robson Tractors stand.

P1070926.jpg

The "Dancing Diggers" all lined up. Unfortunately due to the weather I didn't stick around to see them in action.

P1070929.jpg

P1070931.jpg

P1070932.jpg

.....and last but not least, a 2wd 10 series Ford tractor I discovered on the side lines.

P1070934.jpg

By this time the threatening clouds that had hung around all morning decided to do what they do best and rather than risk taking any rain infected photographs I decided to stuff my face with a selection of locally made pork pies and head home. Hope eveyone's enjoyed my "mini" machinery review of Driffield Show 2011.

another smashing set of photos david, i'll take the challenger 765c please

Thanks Paul, appreciated. Turned into more of a fleeting visit this year due to the weather, my camera doesn't especially like the rain so some of the stands didn't get my full attention on this occasion. Highlight for me just had to be the sight of the big New Holland T9 series articulated tractor, nice to see a few other modern monsters including the Challenger 765C and the big Fendt. :)

A nice selection of photos there David especially some of the vintage ones. That Case DEX looked good especially with "period" tyres all round. In addition I liked that early JCB. I think that is the JCB1 from the early 1960's and was nicknamed "The Grave Digger" since many councils used them in churchyards ;D ;D 

A nice selection of photos there David especially some of the vintage ones. That Case DEX looked good especially with "period" tyres all round. In addition I liked that early JCB. I think that is the JCB1 from the early 1960's and was nicknamed "The Grave Digger" since many councils used them in churchyards ;D ;D 

Thanks Bill, had a very enjoyable morning. The Case DEX was in very fine condition and you're right about the baby JCB1's nickname. I have book by author Michael Irwin that's more or less a potted history into the generations of JCB backhoe / loaders and the dozer blade equipped JCB1 was indeed christened with that nickname, I think this is third restored example i've seen in the flesh. :)

:D Lovely pictures David,I like the Case DEX,my dad used to drive one many moon's ago,he said it would drive up the side of a house,the TerraGator look's well too,any idea why they have the "TG" suffix now  :-\

Regards

Joe.

:D Lovely pictures David,I like the Case DEX,my dad used to drive one many moon's ago,he said it would drive up the side of a house,the TerraGator look's well too,any idea why they have the "TG" suffix now  :-\

Regards

Joe.

Thanks ever so much Joe, the Case DEX was definitely my favourite of the few vintage tractors I found on display today, a really nice restoration. :)

The TerraGator looked very impressive although i'll be honest I don't know why they now use that suffix. It was great to see the big RoGator sprayer from close range too, I know there was one on demonstration near where I live earlier in the year but I failed to find it in action.

Thanks Bill, had a very enjoyable morning. The Case DEX was in very fine condition and you're right about the baby JCB1's nickname. I have book by author Michael Irwin that's more or less a potted history into the generations of JCB backhoe / loaders and the dozer blade equipped JCB1 was indeed christened with that nickname, I think this is third restored example i've seen in the flesh. :)

Well David I have yet to see one restored "grave digger" in the flesh. I have seen a few older diggers at various Scottish shows but they are very "thin on the ground". I suppose diggers like many vans had a hard working life hence one of the reasons fewer actually get restored.

Well David I have yet to see one restored "grave digger" in the flesh. I have seen a few older diggers at various Scottish shows but they are very "thin on the ground". I suppose diggers like many vans had a hard working life hence one of the reasons fewer actually get restored.

I always enjoy finding any vintage and classic backhoe loaders at shows which as you rightly point out tend to be few and far between at rallies compared to the tractors. There was a really nice line up of JCB machines including a "number 1" at the Millenium Show at Newark and i've seen other examples and model numbers on the few occasions I attended S.E.D when it was based at Milton Keynes in the past. :)

Some great photos David, looks like you had a great day  ;D  its a shame we didnt get chance to meet up, we spent all day at the show and only just managed to see all of it. Did you see the portequip stand in the cattle lines? or even better get a photo of it?