britains massey 7200 combine

could anybody tell me the length of the britains massey 7200 combine reel please,the picture is of the siku 7278 mf combine,its 18.5 cm long,i want to get rid of this nasty reel,it just looks c**p,or perhaps a reel off a britains new holland cr980/ 9080  cx 880/8080

post-1891-132639887427_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639887488_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639887594_thumb.jpg

The 7200 reel is 19.5cm, but the 7200's reel is worse than the 7278s, it has no fingers or anything.

the fingers i could add joe,im sure it looks better than that siku one,do you have a 7200 reel joe,or a picture of the 7200 reel,thanks joe

i rebuilt the reel on my unboxed one a while back, and added opening tank doors,ladder hand  rails ect  but never cut the metal out below the tank doors, as its actually pretty dam thick, but right now i can not find a picture of it , its prob on the old laptop,

i rebuilt the reel on my unboxed one a while back, and added opening tank doors,ladder hand  rails ect  but never cut the metal out below the tank doors, as its actually pretty dam thick, but right now i can not find a picture of it , its prob on the old laptop,

just the reel was what i was after sean for my siku mf 7278 cerea,the header on that model is shocking,but kindly cx880joe is kindly giving me a cx reel

Stunning! If you don't mind me asking Sean, what did you do to make the tank lids open/close?  I would like to have opening/closing lids on my CX820, rather than just taking the plastic open tank top off and on the combine!

just plasti card joe, with brass rod for the hinge, had to make a frame as the britains cast isnt flat on top, its ridged ,hence why i wanted to cut the tank out, but at the time it was not possable / beyond my skills ,times moved on since mind, so who knows, it may get a remake sometime

After your Lely masterpiece Mate, I don't think anythings beyond your skills!

Thanks for that, I'll see if I've got the right stuff and have a try at doing a similar thing - won't be cutting anything out of the metal, haven;t the tools/courage!

revamped/ partially rebuilt, it came minus the reel anyway, in a scrap lot, the other ceras, i know of are, the farm on the left just outside landrake village, liskeard bound, and the farm just outside liskeard, on the right, just by the new hotel / travelodge they built , both are fully massey kit tractors wise to, thinking about it, theres a 3rd out the back of callington, treburley way to and i have a feeling theres a 4th, on the road between st germans and torpoint, but havnt seen that this year, but did see a jd t550 in them fileds??? so who knows,

revamped/ partially rebuilt, it came minus the reel anyway, in a scrap lot, the other ceras, i know of are, the farm on the left just outside landrake village, liskeard bound, and the farm just outside liskeard, on the right, just by the new hotel / travelodge they built , both are fully massey kit tractors wise to, thinking about it, theres a 3rd out the back of callington, treburley way to and i have a feeling theres a 4th, on the road between st germans and torpoint, but havnt seen that this year, but did see a jd t550 in them fileds??? so who knows,

might have a drive around then tomorrow,last weekend free then im on harvesting myself,thanks for all the info sean

the landdrake and liskeard ones are both out working, landrake goes out the back towards where they do the motocross, quethiock way,  the liskeard one will prob be down the menheniot lane ,the one right by the cottage just as you join from the liskeard slip road plymouth bound, thats where most of their land is

take a look at the small farm in landrake on the right to, hes got a lovely mix of a 390t and loader, mf 135 and flexi cab,  a jd 3? ???  and a volvo/valmet 705,  ,used to have a ford 7610 to, have a feeling he uses the landrake mf to on contract, so check up that rod