Out in the carrot patch with fp.

Guest Fendt pwr

Guest Fendt pwr

Unloading my trailer.

Once 2 full containers are unloaded in the yard site they are swaped for emptys and the full ones are taken to the pack house with a B train.

The 2 trailers are simply truck trailer chassie's with "twist locks" to hold the containers on.

A full container weighs in at 13 tonne.

post-0-132638515029_thumb.jpg

Brilliant Fendt Power... Man is that some forklift... I wonder what lift capicity that has  ???

It's really interesting to see how other countries do things... Do they have a 13t box rotator at the pack house or do they sit them on the floor and drive into them with skid steers... Mind you I wouldn't fancy opening the doors when the trailer was full...  ???

Guest Fendt pwr

Thanks lads.

Udi-The fendts are both 716's

Marky-The loader can lift 24ton I think.The containers are locked on a tipping bed then just up-righted and flow on to a grader/cleaner.

Mjb-Only 4-6 containers per day,because the pack house is so under staffed they can't move any more than that so they are best left in the ground.Each containers takes 40 minutes to fill if all gose well.

Thanks lads.

Udi-The fendts are both 716's

Marky-The loader can lift 24ton I think.The containers are locked on a tipping bed then just up-righted and flow on to a grader/cleaner.

Interesting thread fp.  ;)

It would be nice to see what goes on in the pack house if you get chance for some pictures of that too.  :)

Guest Fendt pwr

jdc-The carrots are all for export out of NZ.

MF fan-Most days I drive the fendt but today the boss man told me to drive old rowdy (with side window open  ;D ) just for the hell of it since there were only 2 containers today.Another farm is realy ment to provide a tractor to help so we used there one to make things fair.

post-0-13263851542_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fendt pwr

The truck brings the trailer then gives it to me to fill before I give it back full.

As you can see from the top picture one more load will cut them out.

Guest Fendt pwr

MF-fan My boss only put in about 10ha of summer carrot and we sheared the driving.The winter carrots will make up the rest of his carrot area but they are not coming out untill september.

mjb-The bosses in the farming company realy want to start a one driver one tractor policy but there are simply not enough drivers to go round.A local contractor that dose the spraying has an advert in this weeks farmers weekly in England hoping to get a sprayer driver to move here and spray for him.

(molly ag spraying)

MF-fan My boss only put in about 10ha of summer carrot and we sheared the driving.The winter carrots will make up the rest of his carrot area but they are not coming out untill september.

mjb-The bosses in the farming company realy want to start a one driver one tractor policy but there are simply not enough drivers to go round.A local contractor that dose the spraying has an advert in this weeks farmers weekly in England hoping to get a sprayer driver to move here and spray for him.

(molly ag spraying)

I've seen that advert in there for the past couple of weeks, just a pity i'm not a trained spray operator  :D :D