Massey Ferguson 2680 Chassis Colour

MasseyFanUK

Hi Everybody.

I'm a tad confused on what colour to paint the chassis on my Britains 2680 as you will see from the pictures I painted it Brown I know it's not right but at the time I was happy with it but not any more.

I have also posted a picture from the brochure It looks kinda brown dont it? Also what do you think about the rear tyre change there from a Britains JD 4020. Help would be very appreciated thanks for reading this.RearEnd.jpg

What Colour would you say this is ?

Right.jpgLeft.jpg

Rear.jpg

NewTyres.jpg

What do you think of the Tyres ?

i am sure marky will put me right, but i have a feeling mf 2000 series are mf charcoal grey from memory?? sure thats what the tin i used was, the very early ones are the lighter grey with the older looking mf 500 series style decals, but the later are the newer straight decals like britans used

Is it also Mark wen the MF2000 where upgraded that they had that darker brown colour and when it transformed for the 3rd time to the 2005 Electronics that they where always the darker colour?

I also have an brochure of the 2680 whit some nice feature's whit a nice wooden dashboard and wood on the gear leavers position and not to forget the leather red seat!

Is that then a special edition or was that standard?

Regards Johny ;)

Thanks for all your input I am truly Grateful, the tyres will be replaced as we speak

all I have to do is find a supplier for the paint any suggestions would be welcome I prefer to work with rattle cans when possible as you can get a more even finish.

Thanks for all your input I am truly Grateful, the tyres will be replaced as we speak

all I have to do is find a supplier for the paint any suggestions would be welcome I prefer to work with rattle cans when possible as you can get a more even finish.

i always use genuine paint,so try your nearest mf dealer

Is it also Mark wen the MF2000 where upgraded that they had that darker brown colour and when it transformed for the 3rd time to the 2005 Electronics that they where always the darker colour?

I also have an brochure of the 2680 whit some nice feature's whit a nice wooden dashboard and wood on the gear leavers position and not to forget the leather red seat!

Is that then a special edition or was that standard?

Regards Johny ;)

You are correct Johnny.. the 2005 series was only ever in the darker chocolate brown.. as for the dashboard and cab interior... that was on the early versions... take a look in the cab of a silver cabbed 765 and 865 combine... they were also very similar - all of which were American built  ;)