New Imber Ford tractor soon?

stehos

Maybe they will surprise us and unveil an 8340 instead :D  which in most cases I suspect is the only 40 series that non diehard collectors would be interested in ;)

i would tend to say thats wrong in my view, i see many more 7740's and 6640's than 8340's, and despite being a mf fan i preffer the smaller fords from the 40 series, so i would like to see a 7740 soon, 8340 to dont get me wrong

I've heard a rumour Imber still has a massive overstock on the 6640's so they will first have to sell these and than will introduce a new model.

They have been on special offer if you went direct to farmmodels, about £40 if I remember rightly

I've heard a rumour Imber still has a massive overstock on the 6640's so they will first have to sell these and than will introduce a new model.

Like I said originally there would only be a few collectors who wanted each model in the series!

A  White top 7740  and a blue top 8340 would have sufficed with the other models coming in strictly ltd runs.  But they knew best and marketed the least popular model of the range (5640)first and now we have unsurprising overstock rumours!  They best just stick 7740 decals over the 6640 ones and save themselves some money ::)

Like I said originally there would only be a few collectors who wanted each model in the series!

A  White top 7740  and a blue top 8340 would have sufficed with the other models coming in strictly ltd runs.  But they knew best and marketed the least popular model of the range (5640)first and now we have unsurprising overstock rumours!  They best just stick 7740 decals over the 6640 ones and save themselves some money ::)

You're a wasted talent doing whatever you do for a day job, you ought to take on these manufacturers and do the job right. If a re-decal job was done I know who would be complaining first though!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whether the rumours are true or not remains to be seen, a rumour is just that. Hajo mentioned the rumour involving the 6640 though and not the 'least popular' 5640  ;) It would be a shame for the collectors if it was true mind as we are all waiting for the more popular models I am sure. I think it was good to see a new manufacturer try a new approach and start out just as the OEM did, I wished them luck then and I still do now. For the quality and accuracy of the models, I hope there are more to come and not just Fords at that.  :) :)

You're a wasted talent doing whatever you do for a day job, you ought to take on these manufacturers and do the job right. If a re-decal job was done I know who would be complaining first though!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whether the rumours are true or not remains to be seen, a rumour is just that. Hajo mentioned the rumour involving the 6640 though and not the 'least popular' 5640  ;) It would be a shame for the collectors if it was true mind as we are all waiting for the more popular models I am sure. I think it was good to see a new manufacturer try a new approach and start out just as the OEM did, I wished them luck then and I still do now. For the quality and accuracy of the models, I hope there are more to come and not just Fords at that.  :) :)

What I meant was the cumulative effect of releasing the 5640 and then the 6640 with little changes apart from decals may have killed the appetite for these models for the average model buyer aside from the die hard collectors ;)    And yes their has been a significant outlay for this project but with the ongoing financial meltdown in progress trading conditions are obviously extremely tough!  And yes I would like the 8340 model in NH livery thankyou ;D

I was truthfully expecting to see an Industrial 6640 by Imber. Thats why i never bought the normal blue one. I do have a 2wd 5640 SLE. My plan was

Blue 5640 2wd,

Ind yellow 6640 2wd

Blue 7740 4wd

Blue 7840 4wd

Blue 8340 4wd.

And if i knew there might be the blue roof NH type models in the pipeline ,id get the 7740 & 8340 in the NH version. Mainly just to have a varity but still cover all the 40 series tractors.  But it would be a long wait id say. :-\ I hope Imber keep up the good work cause my 5640 is one of my favourit models in my collection.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that on the farmmodels website the blue 6640's and the yellow 5640's have been reduced again to £35.00, but under that there is a line saying:"stock reduction sale - to re invest in future models".

Come on, lets all buy one and get behind the Imber Fords  ;)

Ertl sold off their remaining JD8530/8430 Precisions at £30 a while back and now the price is starting to climb on eBay although it is not yet back up to their RRP of £60.

I might be tempted to buy an Imber at that price but I will still get a new 7*40 when it comes out

id say this is a dead duck,what about the other dealers with stock of these,theyll hardly be too happy.cant ever see another model happening to be honest

i guess theres only 2 people that can answer that, and they do visit here  to, so you may get a answer, as for price slashing, at the end of the day its their stock, theres nothing to stop other sellers cutting prices to match them at the end of the day,