Classic Tractor Magazine December 2011

My copy arrived in the post today and have had a quick scan through and I will have a read through in more detail later. I see there is an article on a IH 624 which has only done 960 hours in 41 years and also an article on a 1980 Leyland 272 which has covered around 52,000 hours. It should be interesting to read why one has done so little and the other so much. This month the model collectors corner features the recent Spalding show and includes a few pictures of FTF members models for sale. In addition I notice there is an advert promoting Harold Powlton's show at the Rheged Centre in Penrith on Sunday 20th November so hopefully that will catch the eyes of spectators old and new.

I live in Holland and usually get CT 2 weeks after the UK release date but got it today as well  :of . Very nice.

Previously had some trouble with damage in the post but the new 'hard cover' has helped to improve things indeed.

Some nice articles this month. Nice attention is given to the Fahr and Deutz-Fahr combines.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes I forgot about the "Case" study on those Fahrs....a really tidy looking 1974 model there 8)

That 1984 Deutz Fahr is about 10 minutes along the road from me - it was sitting in a field near the farm in September and I was going to get a shot of it on my return from Berwick - but it had been moved  :'(

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it's the same model of which there's another superb example near Thornhill in Stirlingshire.

• 2 weeks later...