North East Model Farm & Construction Show 6th May 2012 Aberdeen

Big A

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 Travelodges all at £ 19 a night close by the Treetops Andy well ( 2.1 miles or 3.3 miles or 4.7 miles away) alternatively you could pitch the FTF tent in the hotel gardens ;D ;D

booked the travellodge for the saturday night just need to decide what to display this year

Sounds good Brian...which Travelodge have you booked?.....It sounds like there could be a get together of FTF members who are staying at the Treetops or close by. Alternatively there is / or was (don't quote me ) a good eating place called the Palm Court within walking distance from the Treetops.

Sounds good Brian...which Travelodge have you booked?.....It sounds like there could be a get together of FTF members who are staying at the Treetops or close by. Alternatively there is / or was (don't quote me ) a good eating place called the Palm Court within walking distance from the Treetops.

hi bill im staying at the justice mill lane travellodge , couldnt grumble at £19

• 2 weeks later...

You would only have been about 8 miles out Brian. Talking about the different hotels I don't know the number of car parking spaces there are at the Treetops in comparison to the Marriott. The Marriott car park was crowded even at 6am in the morning since there had been a lot of wedding quests staying over. I did not hear of complaints as such about the parking but I guess last year there was a steady flow of folk in and out from opening to closing. Fingers crossed that there is no weddings at the Treetops the night before ;D ;D

This afternoon I stopped of at BA Country Stores at Lyne of Skene and had a "news" with the owner Allan Brownie. Allan took 3 posters to put up and 30 flyers for the counter. He recognised Brian Fleming's display of Corgi lorries on the poster and was amazed at the collection of cranes from Ian May.In addition when I said the farming display was from two young lads called Moir from the Fraserburgh area he said he knew them well. In addition he was astonished at the photo of mutley's farm steading.Anyway I pass the store on a weekly basis so I will pop in past and provide more flyers as required.

i nipped into the falkirk swapmeet today as i was passing was standing having a look at some tractors and lorries on a stand and the guy told 2 customers in a row about the aberdeenshow and was handing out flyers, he then turned and started on me , he did that good a job promoting the show and saying how good it was i think i might nip up for a look , wait a minute im displaying at it didnt want to burst his bubble but he was doing an excellent job

i nipped into the falkirk swapmeet today as i was passing was standing having a look at some tractors and lorries on a stand and the guy told 2 customers in a row about the aberdeenshow and was handing out flyers, he then turned and started on me , he did that good a job promoting the show and saying how good it was i think i might nip up for a look , wait a minute im displaying at it didnt want to burst his bubble but he was doing an excellent job

As Andy says Brian it would most likely have been Stewart Duncan.. I have known Stewart from the rallies for many years and he really is a top notch guy. He is the one at the back (under the lights) setting up his stall early on at the Marriott last year and that's his wife at the front.

ST835618.jpg

If I were to do that Brian I would have difficulty in getting back to sleep again but I glad it was worth your while getting up for ;D ;D

i was off today so no problem gettin back to sleep, needed these items for Aberdeen 2013 the plan is in full swing already should be able to put on a big display of 40/50 series deere`s by then and some excellent deere impliments as well , just need to find a scratchbuilder for some classic deere combines either that or hint hint uh, schuco etc a nice 1085 & 1188 & 985 would be much appreciated

Archived