North East Model Farm & Construction Show 6th May 2012 Aberdeen

Big A

well theres the high flyer!!! Theres a shop not far away cheapest caffeinne drink should suffice............ failing that we will quite happily pay ink costs in case, just have to go via Panda Rosa with your van first..

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping to make it up this year, too much on and not enough money, but spoke to the woman and we will be up next year and stay the weekend ;):)

well theres the high flyer!!! Theres a shop not far away cheapest caffeinne drink should suffice............ failing that we will quite happily pay ink costs in case, just have to go via Panda Rosa with your van first..

I think it is only but fair to let Barry know the Panda Rosa are scrap merchants in Aberdeen Andrew just in case he gets confused with the old TV program ;D ;D

Only 4 weeks to go now and there appear to be a fair few members and exhibitors and traders staying overnight at the Treetops on the Saturday evening. We were thinking of trying to arrange a meet up and eat up.....any takers :huh:

There is the Treetops itself or there is a nice place within walking or staggering distance called the Palm Court.

http://www.thepalmcourthotel.com/

Well I'm sure Andy, Brian and myself will be there Gregor since we are already booked up from 3pm the day before...the only fear I have is the "Evil Bazza" leads us astray on the Saturday evening..,,,,,assuming he gets through passport control around "jdc" country aka John Cranston who is also planning to come up and display some of his amazing scratch built 1/32 combine or combines and implements and some of his modified tractors etc....the choice is up to John since well he has been told the size of a display unit to display his models instead of my collection of childhood Britain's

03112010002.jpg

Well,I'll be staying over night at the Treetops,and probably haveing a wee soupçon of ale before bedtime,but not really much of an "eatout" kind of a bloke

But roll on the 5th / 6th,sound like it's going to be even better than last year, :laugh: :laugh:

Regards

Joe.

Im sure there are going to many Comic sights Sore heads on the Sundays..... It'll be even worse when said people start parting with the cash.. Whos on photo/report duties?

Ooops sorry on both counts...getting mixed up with Preston :-[

Aberdeen is not ready for the Essex boy yet

Errm Maclellan neat please..ok so I admit I am partial to the US stuff too sorry boys

Nice one Joe,

I'll be there ;D , possibly eating, maybee drinking, good chance of both and an even higher probability of trying to keep Bill under control and Andy off the whisky :police:;D:police: .

So far it sounds like food is a second choice :huh: ....I will try to behave and be my usual quiet reserved self ;D

Im sure there are going to many Comic sights Sore heads on the Sundays..... It'll be even worse when said people start parting with the cash.. Whos on photo/report duties?

I suspect that's me with two camera's and spare battery's for each plus a good memory Andrew ;D

Ooops sorry on both counts...getting mixed up with Preston :-[

Aberdeen is not ready for the Essex boy yet

Errm Maclellan neat please..ok so I admit I am partial to the US stuff too sorry boys

An Essex wide boy Barry I hope the Granite City can cope with that ;D

Just done a "stock in hand" count of posters and flyers to see who many more I need to print out. I managed to shift 12 posters and 15 flyers at Forfar Mart yesterday. A lot of interest being shown and quite a few asking directions to the Treetops when they reach the Bridge of Dee.

I'm planning attending the Model and Toy auction at Taylor's of Montrose in 3 weeks time so that should be a good place to target with flyers. Going back to last year Mr Taylor senior was going about laying them out around the various sale rooms 8)

I think this show is getting better by the day. Yesterday I got a text from Damian and Hazel saying they were coming up to the show and today when I phoned Andy he told Mandy from HLT is coming as well. Table numbers are now 50% up on last year...let us hope the spectating public are up too...it would be nice to break the 1,000 number of spectators which was almost met last year.

I certainly would like to think that will be the case Gregor. The inaugural show was a successful one and was well supported by exhibitors, traders and the spectating public. There has been a big uptake in tables from exhibitors and traders this year( around 50%) but for a show to succeed it has to be supported by the spectating public since it costs a fair bit to put on a show. I'm sure Andy, Laurie and Brian (and me helping out in the background this year) will want it to be an annual event. So come on Gregor spread the word so we can get as many people through the door or better still even more than last year :huh:

Archived