Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

Definiteley the Queen that one Sue, I've got the same figure in her original box, I'll dig her out and post up a pic when I can find her, not my usual bag but boxed and cheap at the time thought it a better investment than a Royal mug! I believe this model has been produced from the same mould for many decades.

Shepton purchases include

Timpo horse in vgc

*** horse also vgc

2 pigs

Lady Farmer and Farmer Eating Apple

complete set of Mandy's hounds (not in picture)

post-1145-0-22235600-1339423097_thumb.jp

Plus house from David for restoration (among others).

post-1145-0-92927300-1339423212_thumb.jp

Edited by Leakeyvale

you have really got the bug chris

well paul, i have decided to dedicate a shelf in one of the cabbinets for a few tractors from a few different manufacturers. will be a few same, zetor, fiat and hurliman. nothing to excessive, a couple of three from each to get started.

Shepton purchases include

Timpo horse in vgc

*** horse also vgc

2 pigs

Lady Farmer and Farmer Eating Apple

complete set of Mandy's hounds (not in picture)

post-1145-0-22235600-1339423097_thumb.jp

Plus house from David for restoration (among others).

post-1145-0-92927300-1339423212_thumb.jp

Interesting item the tiny horse & cart at the front, an example of a 'Penny Toy' (once mostly sold in street markets), I'd guess made in France.

Interesting item the tiny horse & cart at the front, an example of a 'Penny Toy' (once mostly sold in street markets), I'd guess made in France.

Nice is'nt it? Made in France is all I know as it is stamped on the bottom "FRANCE". Certainly cost more than a penny as it was my most expensive purchase even after a haggling session. Sits nicely in the Lilliput Vale collection - pity it has no driver though.

Nice is'nt it? Made in France is all I know as it is stamped on the bottom "FRANCE". Certainly cost more than a penny as it was my most expensive purchase even after a haggling session. Sits nicely in the Lilliput Vale collection - pity it has no driver though.

How about starting a thread in the 'other makes' figures section called 'Small Scale Figures' with some photos of your Liliput Vale collection? Then I'll add a few photos of my small scale figures, a mix of Britains Liliput and small scale lead Crescent farm. I think I've only got one 'Penny Toy', an artillery horses/limber/gun team, which isn't exactly farm related. Perhaps someone else here has some to add as well.

How about starting a thread in the 'other makes' figures section called 'Small Scale Figures' with some photos of your Liliput Vale collection? Then I'll add a few photos of my small scale figures, a mix of Britains Liliput and small scale lead Crescent farm. I think I've only got one 'Penny Toy', an artillery horses/limber/gun team, which isn't exactly farm related. Perhaps someone else here has some to add as well.

Oh - I have one of those gun carriage teams too. Unfortunately one horse has a broken leg. It is the same horse as in the dray so I assume it is the same French make.

Good idea about smaller scales topic - I have a large number from various makers both in 1:76 and 1:64. Looks like a photo session is in order but it will not be for a while as I will need to do some line-ups!

Despite desperately trying to curb my collecting addiction given my forth coming move and collection re-location i've come home with a couple of additions from my trip to Newby Hall today both from Peter Hardy.

A "dirty" Britains Ford 6600 and Siku 2002 LCN Zwolle Massey Ferguson 8270.

Any Chance of a pic of the Ford 6600 David please :)

Latest purchases for me are a Britains Ford 7600 - Excellent for the money, Well Done Britains and a Kane silage trailer also a very decent model !

Both from Royal Cornwall Show last week.

Britains Police Land Rover in Road Series box, all mint and the bollards have not even been taken off their sprue, nor the winch rope from it's little plastic bag!!

Another holy grail ticked off! :P

Can I ask, how much did it cost? Do you consider the price you paid cheap/about right/top end?

And also, were there different versions of the item and/or the packaging?

I ask because I have one, also mint/boxed/bollards on sprue, although no winch rope. I didn't know it was supposed to have a winch rope. No mention of one in the relevant catalogues 1978-85. As almost all of my collection is pre about 1966 (a lot of it pre 1940), I don't keep up to date on current values of Britains items made much after 1970.

I paid £50 with postage included from a BIN of £55 + postage so I was happy to have had my offer accepted to be honest. There is a version in an older box I believe, there was one on eBay at the same time but looking just now I could not find it. There is a British Gas one on there, truck top pick up so no accessories, MI gold B for £59.99 BIN so I think what I paid was a fair price. When the camera battery is flashing green, I'll pop it up in my other topic, David.

I paid £50 with postage included from a BIN of £55 + postage so I was happy to have had my offer accepted to be honest. There is a version in an older box I believe, there was one on eBay at the same time but looking just now I could not find it. There is a British Gas one on there, truck top pick up so no accessories, MI gold B for £59.99 BIN so I think what I paid was a fair price. When the camera battery is flashing green, I'll pop it up in my other topic, David.

This is mine:

post-2225-0-71900300-1339855249_thumb.jp

Is your box the same or different? And can you give an approx date within the overall 1978-86 period?

Definiteley the Queen that one Sue, I've got the same figure in her original box, I'll dig her out and post up a pic when I can find her, not my usual bag but boxed and cheap at the time thought it a better investment than a Royal mug! I believe this model has been produced from the same mould for many decades.

Sorry Tim. I managed to miss this first time round. Thanks for that info. It is a nice model and goes well with the State Landau from the 1950's and the Hampshire Mounted Yeomanry figures that I also have.

I agree it is much better than the Royal mugs! only cost me £7 inc postage!