Quadtrac Record Attempt

robbo

Thanks ever so much Paul, very impressive tractor on their own even more so when there's this many congregating and working the same field together. Reckon i'll be keeping my Britains example now as a result of this event having boxed it up ready to sell not too long ago. :)

one of britains best efforts as well david in my opinion,great event and great you were there to keep us up to date mate

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of britains best efforts as well david in my opinion,great event and great you were there to keep us up to date mate

You're very welcome Paul. Always great to be able to share the photographs i've captured at any machinery related events I attend with my camera on the forum. Hopefully they give a decent insight and capture some of the atmosphere for those who were unable to attend. I've a number of other events i'm planning on attending with my camera over the course of the next few months in between my combine chasing exploits. Thanks again for your kind comments, more photographs from the world record to follow tommorow. :)

hopefully attending a claas roadshow in exeter in august,if i go i will take my camera

Sounds good Paul, weather and work dependant my next event could well be the Marshall rally at Blyton.

.....Now time for a small intermission before the record attempt. There were a number of very interesting vintage and classic era tractors lined up close to the dealer stands behind where the record attempt was due to take place.

Now here's one way of enjoying the line up of Quadtracs whilst being able to put your feet up....aboard this rein steered and controlled Bonham Bros Power Horse.

P1200353.jpg

Followed by a selection of John Deeres from the tractor line up.

P1200341.jpg

P1200432.jpg

P1200338.jpg

P1200345.jpg

P1200346.jpg

1300 ton £20.000.000 apparently,and,one of them came from Aberdeenshire,come on Bill whose was it,

Regards

Joe.

Joe,

Joe, as David said it was Knockothie farms one and that is near Ellon. They also have Fetterletter Farm at Fyvie. I could almost swear that the driver of the Quadtrac was Lee Chapman and I can remember him as a young loon picking tatties at his grandfathers croft. His dad Raymond also works alongside Lee. Raymond had his Case Magnum down demonstrating at the Tillage event at Edzell a couple of years ago. I haven't seen Raymond (also a model tractor collector) since the first model show at the Aberdeen Marriot Hotel at Dyce. I must give Raymond a call. He has asked me up to see there set up but I have never got around to it. I don't know if it would be worthwhile trying to arrange a FTF visit id they were agreeable :huh:

If the commentary was correct it cost well over a thousand pound or more to transport each of the Quadtracs from Scotland to the event, well worth it though. :)

That isn't actually a bad price David given that would have tied a driver up for 3 days...2 travelling and one at the event.

That isn't actually a bad price David given that would have tied a driver up for 3 days...2 travelling and one at the event.

Certainly sounded like a very respectable price given the distances involved Bill. I'll have the rest of my photographs of the tractors on the move posted once i've finished work tonight or during tommorow on my day off. :)

Fantastic photographs Howard, especially the middle one of those three. Really good to catch up with you at the event. :)

Here's my first selection of photographs from the Quadtracs on the move to the bottom of the field ready for the record attempt to start.

P1200472.jpg

P1200481.jpg

P1200482.jpg

P1200485.jpg

P1200487.jpg

P1200488.jpg