Quadtrac Record Attempt

robbo

This looks like it could be fun

http://www.quadtracrecord.co.uk/

An attempt to get as many Case Quadtracs working in the same field at the same time, 28th July 2012 at Westhall Farm, Welton Cliff, Lincolnshire.

Probably won't be able to get there myself but hopefully someone will get along with a camera and record the event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Went to this event today and met up with David "click click" so between us we will have a pictorial report for you later, an impressive sight, 50 Quadtracks lined up in a field 8)???

Certainly a sight to boggle the mind and senses seeing fifty Quadtracs lined up together and work their way up a field. I'll never forget the almost aeroplane like "hum" as they made their way towards us all on the sidelines. They sounded like a squadron Spitfires or similar, absolutely incredible. Great to catch up with Mike and several other good friends during the day. I'll post a selection of photographs from the event over the course of the next couple of days. Hopefully they will convey some of the atmosphere we all experienced.

P1200448.jpg

Thats some sight! I would have loved to have gone but we were making hay

It was indeed Patrick, very spectacular. Having looked back through the majority of the photographs I took from the record attempt, you'd almost think they had been "photo shopped." Like Mike and for the first time with this camera of mine I attempted to take a small amount of video footage too. It isn't great, I panned far too quickly across them all as they moved up the field. Footage shows the record officially being broken with all the tractors having surpassed the required minimum of 5 minutes working together simultaneously.

Wow!!!! Gob smacked they must sell a few quads over there then how many ha was the paddock ?

I'll be honest Nick i'm not sure on the size, but it was certainly a sight I won't forget in a hurry. 535 model appeared to be the most popular amongst the line up, it was great to see a number of the big 600 models from the latest range and also 3 of the older style 9380 and 9370 tractors. I know at least six of them came from one farm alone :)

1300 ton £20.000.000 apparently,and,one of them came from Aberdeenshire,come on Bill whose was it,

Regards

Joe.

There were two Scottish Quadtracs taking part Joe. One was from Knockothie Farms whilst the other was from McGregor Farming. :)

i bet you would be hard pushed to find 50 in the factory at the same time let alone in one field together, hell of a sight

Certainly goes down as one of the most amazing machinery related events and spectacles i've ever witnessed Sean. By the looks of things they have also raised £20,000 for cancer research too. :)

Thanks for the info David,a quick net search revealed Knockothie seem to also own the ex Amtrac Panther 400

I've been trying to keep an eye on the M90 motorway watching for them return North,but nothing so far, :- and I think McGregor farm down in the borders,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for the info David,a quick net search revealed Knockothie seem to also own the ex Amtrac Panther 400

I've been trying to keep an eye on the M90 motorway watching for them return North,but nothing so far, :- and I think McGregor farm down in the borders,

Regards

Joe.

You're welcome Joe. Here's a link to McGregor Farms:

Does look nice the Amtrac Panther, especially in Amtrac's own livery.

http://www.mcgregorfarms.org.uk/index.php?section=1

great pictures again david,one of my favourite tractors the quady

Thanks ever so much Paul, very impressive tractor on their own even more so when there's this many congregating and working the same field together. Reckon i'll be keeping my Britains example now as a result of this event having boxed it up ready to sell not too long ago. :)