NCC's Field Display

NCC

Hi Chaps,

Well with all this display building going on nowadays, I thought I'd better get busy and have a go at making some fields. It's not much, but I am pretty proud of it. It beats my old scruffy carpet anyway :D :D :D :D ;)

Theres still some bits to do on it, a few little moss covered rocks and bushes on the side of the road, a 5 bar gate, some moss or something to look like mown grass and swaths etc and I may put some white lines down the road, not sure on that though :-\ :-\

Any questions ask away ;D ;D

Nice display Nath... how have you done the grass  ???

It's a grass mat Marky, got it from Games Workshop/Warhammer shop in town, ?15 a roll I think it is. Then got some spray mount from B&Q, sprayed the MDF board and stuck the mat down. It's a bugger trying not get any bubbles on it though, needed rolling quite alot ;) ;)

gonna have to get an extension to it mate,that or get another one

I daren't get any more flat trailers, so will have to get the mig out and some hang line and do a proper farming, bodge it and scarper :D :D :D :D ;)

Smart!  ;)

Cheers mate ;)

I'm a dark horse me :D :D :D :D

Sheds on it's way, it's being a pain in the bum though. I think I should of gone for a MDF shell instead of trying to be a clever.........

clever  ::)...what you used, Brass sections ;) ;) :)

Will do Alan, might get a few tonight ;) ;) Will do a line up of them though as I haven't got a farm yard display yet :D :D ;) ;)

clever  ::)...what you used, Brass sections ;) ;) :)

Yes clever is one of my middle names you know :D :D :D;) ;)

No I've tried making all the RSJ's, trusses etc out of wood. Bloody hard work on our bandsaw :-\ :-\ :D :D

well done nath just need some buildings to store the straw in now & a way of getting them all down from tabletop mountain ;)

Cheers Marcus, yep buildings are next on the list along with some cable cars to transport the straw up and down table mountain :D :D :D;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Missed this Topic somewhere along the line Nath. Great set up there, damn good go if you say thats your first. (bet you done loads you cheeky get!!!) Hope to see the shed and more photo's of your collection and layouts soon.