Track Marshall

David Brown

I used to drive an orange TM55 some years ago when I worked in Bedfordshire, the farm also had a TM70 and TM90 and also a Fiat 805C to do all their cultivations. The wheeled tractors were almost all MF135's until just before I left when they discovered 4 wheel drive and bought a couple of Fiat 850 and 1000DT models.

If you want a real one your more than welcome to come take some of ours. My uncle seems to collect the booming things. His got a 155, 135, 120, 90, 2No 70's and a 55.. Give me a rubber track anyday...

track marshal did make a rubber track crawler, not many produced, i think it was a tm 200. someone correct me if thats the wrong model number.

track marshal did make a rubber track crawler, not many produced, i think it was a tm 200. someone correct me if thats the wrong model number.

Correct Chris, and I believe there was possibly a very small number of TM250 models also built. They were based on an Austrailian Waltanna design. :)

there was a pair of them 55's for sale a while back, real ones, one yellow one orange, barn finds apparently ,casnt say i have ever seen them until those and then this model

I've seen a few over the years Sean and my Dad drove a number of dozer equipped examples for the first large earth moving contractor he worked for as an 18 year old. :)

I used to drive an orange TM55 some years ago when I worked in Bedfordshire, the farm also had a TM70 and TM90 and also a Fiat 805C to do all their cultivations. The wheeled tractors were almost all MF135's until just before I left when they discovered 4 wheel drive and bought a couple of Fiat 850 and 1000DT models.

Sounds like a rather impressive fleet of "classic" crawlers Mike. I'm not sure what model it is but there's a farm not far from where I work that still uses an old Fiat crawler occasionally for ploughing and sub soiling. I'll have to track it down with my camera this year. :)

Edited by walterderwent

thanks for sharing pics david. that 155 brings back memories, i used to drive one.

You're welcome Chris, nice to hear the 155 brings back memories, smart looking crawler. Just a shame the one I found was only sat in the static line up of the event I attended. I'd love capture a steel track crawler such as one of those or a Caterpillar VHP in action with my current digital camera. :)

OMG those photos are excellent thanks for spending the time to upload these do RJN classics have a website, are the models complete or kit form?

Just found RJN link on your fantastic blog Dave :)

Thanks ever so much Oliver, you're very welcome. If I find any more Track Marshalls on my travels i'll post them up to here. Thanks for your kind comments too regards my blog, something i've been endeavouring to invest a little more of my spare time in recently. :)

Yes Dave most grateful for the pictures and the blog is great some nice Browns on there to.

No problem at all Oliver and thank you. I've photographed a good number of David Brown variations over the years with my trip to Newark in 2010 being my favourite for them. Largely beacuse there were so many rare and significant examples from the brand on display i'd never seen before.