An Essex Machinery Dealer

chris.watson

yep u were right behind one of the boss's house near the radar,I work for AWT. where in finchingfield are you? been through a lot of times but dont know many farms out that way

yep u were right behind one of the boss's house near the radar,I work for AWT. where in finchingfield are you? been through a lot of times but dont know many farms out that way

i live near the spains hall estate, but work in a village called shalford about 6 miles away on the road to braintree. mick, why not introduce yourself to everyone on here and tell us all what sort of models and scales you collect. they are a good bunch on here. and maybe include some pics at some time or another. people on here love a good nose.have a look at the introduction page, some very interesting people on this forum. ;)

argh haa, I,ve heard of spains hall, dosen't Andrew Davis farm that now? i hear they have bought demo 770 tt the one claas used up in lincolnshire to break the world record. Will do just finding my my round here certainly is a mine of infomation on here, think it might become addictive !!

argh haa, I,ve heard of spains hall, dosen't Andrew Davis farm that now? i hear they have bought demo 770 tt the one claas used up in lincolnshire to break the world record. Will do just finding my my round here certainly is a mine of infomation on here, think it might become addictive !!

yes mate he does farm spains hall and has bought the 770.has traded in his 35 foot case and gone for a claas. he also runs a case quadtrac a few deeres and a fendt has just arrived aswell.

• 1 month later...

now i have resized these pics, i can add them to this topic. was over at brocks the other day, so heres a few more pics of what they have, the MB TRAC is in great order inside and out, has done 7500 hours and has spent its life on a sprayer.the new deere was in from a local dealers for new boots and rims, she looks a real peach. had a root about a spotted a few real old jems to.

• 10 months later...

That's their own collection isn't it, Chris? I've never been up to Bricks but I am told they are very nice people.

all the tractors pictured are for sale tris. brocks do have a large collection of old kit of their own, but they keep it somewhere else i think. they are very big in the tyre department now, and i would say that it has a bigger turnover than the machinery side of things.

Corrr, That MB trac 1000 takes me back Chris. I had that brand new at Bordeaux farm Little Chesterford with a Lely 2000lt 18m sprayer on it in 1984, did about 2,500 hours with it before moving on to another job. Mate of mine took it over in 1989 and it later had a Gem sprayer on it untill sold last year, not many tractors like that about having spent its life on 1 farm & only had 2 drivers

Mick.

Looks like a yard that would keep me busy looking round for an hour or 2!  As they're Plymouth Brethren how do they deal with the newer tractor with all the computers in their cabs I wonder?  I went to school with a Brethren boy who wasn't allowed tv or computer or radio or anything 

Archived