Lower Odd Farm

WillTEF20

Those smaller new Deeres look pants!! Even the cab, if it wasn't for the screen inside the cab it would still look very dated. I don't know anything about them and it is only a superficial opinion of course. Going back page, I do like the baling photo, lovely stuff. Lovely.

I was just thinking the dashboard looks quite traditional in layout, rather like that. The overall design though looks like they're trying to copy the new MFs "fierce" look and I don't think it comes off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those smaller new Deeres look pants!! Even the cab, if it wasn't for the screen inside the cab it would still look very dated. I don't know anything about them and it is only a superficial opinion of course. Going back page, I do like the baling photo, lovely stuff. Lovely.

I agree! The M series is even worse :/ I agree but i prefer the basic of them! Cheers when i get round to it i will send them to Classic Tractor for the  power on the land competition

I was just thinking the dashboard looks quite traditional in layout, rather like that. The overall design though looks like they're trying to copy the new MFs "fierce" look and I don't think it comes off.

I agree Chris me and dad both prefer the look of the MF's

And now for an update :)

Been plenty of action going on in the last week, got 150 acres of spring crops in the ground (spring barley and beans) Also me and my uncle have been chain harrowing and flat rolling.

First up of me working down with our Simba double press with 2 rows of germinator tines and wheel eradicator tines added by ourselves from scratch

IMG_1807_zps9e1d5131.jpg

And on the Twose double flat rolls

DSC01871_zps48f129e2.jpg

DSC01873_zps3b866fb1.jpg

DSC01872_zpsd27c1a6c.jpg

The clock on my tractor showing a genuine 3952 hours

DSC01874_zps6417e2b0.jpg

Yesterday my sister had a little accident involving our Isusu Trooper and a gate post so had to repare it before my dad and uncle found out! No Jcb available to push the post back in so had to use the 276 with a bucket full of weights!!

DSC01875_zps27f3d21b.jpg

Found some old photo's from the past a while ago and only just got round to scanning them in!

Before we ran the Deere's we ran Fords including this 6410 series 3

Untitled_zps33a82b0f.jpg

6410_zpsf14e20b9.jpg

64102_zps417f0c4a.jpg

Our old 530-70 JCB

530-70_zps9c665859.jpg

A few pictures of Dads trailer projects including the bale trailer pictured a while back

baletrailerjpg3_zps993dff6a.jpg

baletrailerjpg2_zpsa19a5812.jpg

So much to admire in this update, starting with the twin Twose rolls (glad I'm only typing that). Would love to be rolling at the moment but the ground's possibly too soft for rolling the over the coming days anyway (?)

I also like the fact you're coving for your sister's mistake with your ad-hoc repair of the post!  :laugh: Repeated heavy tapping will distort the timber and and connecting wire as my some-time employer found out with his excavator  ::), but it looks like you've done a grand job (assuming that's the 'after' photo?)

That MF trailer restoration is a treat but it should have been MF grey or red, hah!

The topsoil is pretty dry Will, I suppose you'll be glad to have the odd drop of rain that's forecast tomorrow assuming all the spring seeds are in now?

So much to admire in this update, starting with the twin Twose rolls (glad I'm only typing that). Would love to be rolling at the moment but the ground's possibly too soft for rolling the over the coming days anyway (?)

I also like the fact you're coving for your sister's mistake with your ad-hoc repair of the post!  :laugh: Repeated heavy tapping will distort the timber and and connecting wire as my some-time employer found out with his excavator  ::), but it looks like you've done a grand job (assuming that's the 'after' photo?)

That MF trailer restoration is a treat but it should have been MF grey or red, hah!

The topsoil is pretty dry Will, I suppose you'll be glad to have the odd drop of rain that's forecast tomorrow assuming all the spring seeds are in now?

Cheers Chris :) The ground at home is just right for flat rolling at the minute, the field I chain harrowed on Saturday wants a drop of rain before it gets chain harrowed again and then rolled.

Yeah it was a bit of a bodge but I got the post back in and firmed up and strained the wire up and replaced the steel bars you can see in the background!

I think the paint was left over from the bale trailer Chris!!

The topsoil was pretty dry but was very moist underneath so the seed was going into moisture which was good. The rain forecasted will be just the job to wash the nitrogen applied today in to get the crops going!

Lovely topic Will, you must be on some very light land, we would need another 30hp to pull that size press on ours. We drilled some barley direct into some stubble yesterday and the 4m simba free flow had our 6930 on its knees.

Lovely tidy hydro too, we've got a slightly higher houred more tatty one, lovely to drive for yard work

Keep up with the pictures, love 'em

Lovely topic Will, you must be on some very light land, we would need another 30hp to pull that size press on ours. We drilled some barley direct into some stubble yesterday and the 4m simba free flow had our 6930 on its knees.

Lovely tidy hydro too, we've got a slightly higher houred more tatty one, lovely to drive for yard work

Keep up with the pictures, love 'em

Cheers Pat, where i took those pictures I was on the heaviest land on the farm! The tines were only tickling the surface to level the groung out so it wasn't to much hard work!

Cheers, it is nice to drive once you have got used to it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Found some old photo's from the past a while ago and only just got round to scanning them in!

Before we ran the Deere's we ran Fords including this 6410 series 3

Untitled_zps33a82b0f.jpg

6410_zpsf14e20b9.jpg

64102_zps417f0c4a.jpg

Our old 530-70 JCB

530-70_zps9c665859.jpg

A few pictures of Dads trailer projects including the bale trailer pictured a while back

baletrailerjpg3_zps993dff6a.jpg

baletrailerjpg2_zpsa19a5812.jpg

Loving the Ford 6410 would like to to be running around the field with that home made bale trailer and the Ford with someone loading me with flat 8 with small square bales of hay or straw :D

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Well nearly a year and no updates! Sorry for no updates everyone. A lot hs gone on here since the last update, harvest 2013 went smoothly once started. Over within a week and a half apart from the beans. Crop rotation is back to normal with the farm being into; winter barley, wheat, rape and beans. We drilled our own rape this year with our cousins v-form adapted to a microtill machine. Being the only ones in the area with such machine we have picked up a lot of contract work, which dad will be able to carry out as I can kmwo drive on the road making life alot easier! Machinery wise everything is the same and running well. However we replaced our ageing parmiter post banger with a new Protech P200s tele 10 months ago. Also a very recent addition to the fleet is a 12 plate 6125r, complete with fromt linkage, 4 electric spool valves, twin beacons etc. We have been looking for another smaller tractor for a while to relieve the 64 and tbe the 68 from some of there work as theynare nearing 7000 hours and are also 20 years of age next year along with the 77. Pictures to follow once I have finished my exams. Hope you find my rather wordy update interesting. Will

Archived