display cases/ cabinets

bay

Hey folks anyone know any good website for display cases/cabinet, really dont have the room now for a layout and defo dont want to start selling my models,

find a local cabinet maker and get some made.ive got 4 on my living room wall,36 inch high 9 deep and 24 wide with shelves and glass door on the front.currently holding 120 models.also got 10 cabinets slightly smaller.paid about 60 to 80 to have em made but that was 5 years ago.

nick.......

I bought this one nearly nearly 2 years ago. It is 33 inches long x 12 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches high. Not the cheapest of display cabinets but it is well made. The cost of it was about £ 90 but it came in a huge box and the courier charge was about £ 30. Anyway I wanted it so I bought it.

03112010002.jpg

I attach the link to their website

http://www.modeldisplaycases.co.uk/contact.htm

There is a chap called ( I think ) Dave Poole whop makes cabinates for Sue Leake on here. I'm sure Sue will have his contact details. I did try this chap but he was slow to respond to my email by which time I went elsewhere.

There is a chap called ( I think ) Dave Poole whop makes cabinates for Sue Leake on here. I'm sure Sue will have his contact details. I did try this chap but he was slow to respond to my email by which time I went elsewhere.

Dave Poole wad seriously ill but is now up and running again. He will make boxes with clear lids any size you want from single model to sizes suitable for layouts. Mine are 30 x 60 cms with lids of varying heights. He goes around the southern toyfairs - Shepton and Kempton Park (and others) on a regular basis.

Telephone is the best way to contact him 0117 9092 993 or 07944 37802 (After 7;00pm)

email (think this is still valid) twiggott70@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by Leakeyvale

Your Argos one is like mine 2 only different colour wood frame Chris. They are good value alright. ;):)

Hi justy, could you tell me the width, im going to be putting up a new workshop and was palnning on putting one in there with all my creactions, thanks mark

Hi justy, could you tell me the width, im going to be putting up a new workshop and was palnning on putting one in there with all my creactions, thanks mark

It is 580mm width.1720mm height & 330mm in depth. Argos ref # is 613/4183. They are now around £165. Delivery is extra. Edited by justy 46

here are 4 of the cases i got on my living room wall.about 36/40 inches tall,8 deep and 24 wide.some have wood shelves glued in and also glass shelves i got cut locally.were full of ertl precisions but when i took these out i was able to double the shelves.about 120 1/32 tractors in there with a few implements and items of plant

nick.........

• 2 months later...

anyone looking for a display case at the moment, these are £149 reduced from £199 at ikea. i got another one the same as one i already had, which is the one on the left. excellent for adding extra glass shelves. not cheap, but i give them 10 out of ten.DSC01502.jpgDSC01503.jpg