Classic massey magazine (may 2012)-Massey Ferguson 9240 article.

Just out of curiosity.......i have just seen the article on the MF 9240 in the may edition of classic massey magazine, i haven't read it all yet but i was woundering if any of you guys on here had any literature in your collections on this rare massey?

post-3004-0-93576900-1335126806_thumb.jp

Edited by masseyferguson390

take it you sorted out your upload problems mat. nice tractor,never seen one before. i bet lord ferguson has literature for it.

no i just got that off google images :angel: i'm going to try to sort out the upload problem tomorrow night because i have some french coursework due in for tomorrow which i have to finnish tonigt >:(

I've been fortunate enough to see two of these very impressive looking tractors and have a picture of one in my scanned images archive from when I attended Driffield Show with my Dad many years ago.

Seen on John Wood and Son ( Bilsdale Ploughs ) stand:

IMGcmf_00071.jpg

The photograph Matthew has posted looks like tractor dealer and contractor Robert Fearnley's example.

The first picture in this thread is Fearnley's machine. There can't be to many left in the UK? There was an article on the 9240 in CT about a year or two three back? Was surprised to hear the back end came from DB. It actually is David Browns very last tractor. Shame they are troublesome in the gearbox department.

your right david i think robert fearnley is in devon,no im wrong its norfolk,i remember though he had the 9240 on a topper for his setaside margins

The first picture in this thread is Fearnley's machine. There can't be to many left in the UK? There was an article on the 9240 in CT about a year or two three back? Was surprised to hear the back end came from DB. It actually is David Browns very last tractor. Shame they are troublesome in the gearbox department.

Here's the link to Robert Fearnley's tractor. A website I always enjoy having a look through given the fascinating and rare assortment tractors that have ( and still are ) passing through his ownership.

http://www.machinery.uk.com/interestingpics/mf9240.htm

As for the one in my photograph according to friends i've spoken to it was demonstrated on several local farms including one large estate just a few miles down the road from where I live where it received a lukewarm response. Whilst the other one i've seen was on Peacock & Binnington's forecourt at Louth a good number of years ago.

I've been fortunate enough to see two of these very impressive looking tractors and have a picture of one in my scanned images archive from when I attended Driffield Show with my Dad many years ago.

Seen on John Wood and Son ( Bilsdale Ploughs ) stand:

IMGcmf_00071.jpg

The photograph Matthew has posted looks like tractor dealer and contractor Robert Fearnley's example.

Good old photo David you wouldn't know what year it was would you? Sadly Woods are no longer on the go selling tractor

Good old photo David you wouldn't know what year it was would you? Sadly Woods are no longer on the go selling tractor

I'm pretty certain it was taken in 1996 Patrick. I'd love to know what happened to that particular tractor. I'm positive it was demonstrated on several local farms but what became of it after that i'm not sure.

Was about to say were woods still trading

Don't know when they packed up Pete but its all Peacocks and Robsons selling fergies now. Don't think they even sell machinery anymore

I thought Woods were now trading in Kirkbymoorside, previously Landini now Case-IH, or so I thought. Isn't Tony Towell the sales manager?

R Day

Rory you are indeed correct. Whilst the Driffield facility is no more they continue to trade from the Kirkby Mills Industrial Estate just on the outskirts of Kirkbymoorside about 6 miles down the road from where I live. Previously Landini now Case IH.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.johnwoods.co.uk/

Got loads of photos of one of those, My dad works for a Massey Ferguson dealer, so i took loads of photos when it was there.

Ill upload them if you want.

I also have 3 leaflets on them if you want one.