Classic Tractor June 2012

Another great mag Rory. Loved the JD comparison, was some good reading. The tyre replacent article was great if not a little worrrying as we wanted to put 650's on our drilling tractor :- keep up the good work in bringing us a great mag.

P.s Are you still looking for machinery mishaps pictures? I may have one of a quad >:D:-[

Dear WillTEF20 & Jdeere6910,

Many thanks to both of you....good to hear you are enjoying the latest issue. I'm glad the tyre article was helpful. Trying to extract prices for the tyres was hard work, but worth it I think as it gives a good indication of likely costs.

Definitely still looking for machinery mishaps for the back page. If you've got one, or more, please do send it in.

Jdeere6910 - have you got a 'set' of 69 Series Deeres? If so, wonder if there's any potential there for a through the ages, maybe bring in a new 6R from somewhere as well?

Regards

R Day

Another great issue Rory. Have to say, I have enjoyed the 'history' articles that have been featured recently. I really enjoyed reading the one on early front linkages, with this months article on front loaders being another informative read. All I can say iskeep up the good work.

Thanks Tommy, I will pass that on to Graham Thompstone who has been writing the history articles on linkages, tyres, etc. They seem to have gone down well.

Regards

R Day

Cutbacks are CT Towers Rory ?... why the small writing ? .. Please think of us old farts who suffer from a touch of macular degeneration and can't read such small print... I had to get one of the kids to read it for me :of;DO0

Another vote for the tyre article Rory, I found it interesting and informative. I was rather surprised that Kleber were not featured as in the 80's they seemed to be the tyre of choice for many manufacturers, their lug design was supposed to aid self cleaning and they were fitted as standard to a great many classics. I can only assume that they didn't keep up with technology and are no longer classed as a market leader.

Jdeere6910 - have you got a 'set' of 69 Series Deeres? If so, wonder if there's any potential there for a through the ages, maybe bring in a new 6R from somewhere as well?

Regards

R Day

Well we don't quite have a full set but we do have a 6910, 6920S and 6930. So maybe there is an article in it, would be nice to see