• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgetting the land Rover whats on the trailer Howard...4 wheel drive and foreign but I'm struggling to ascertain what make it is.

Hi Bill, that is my 1955 Sift TD4, a rarity to say the least. Its not four-wheel drive sadly, just the tyres were cheaper than the 2WD equivalents.

I can't sell the flaming thing so will end up being a future project when I get time amongst my many IHs and County. H

Hi Bill, that is my 1955 Sift TD4, a rarity to say the least. Its not four-wheel drive sadly, just the tyres were cheaper than the 2WD equivalents.

I can't sell the flaming thing so will end up being a future project when I get time amongst my many IHs and County. H

Thanks Howard....is it fairly straight and original?

Harry that is one smart bit of kit. What is the road speed of one of these nowadays?

she'll easily do 25mph but revving her head and smoking like a chimney she'll get up to 35mph, great for a Sunday drive,

Is that quicker than a 3cx due to the larger front wheels? I didn't even realise they were as quick as that nowadays.

Think there round about the same speed I'd imagine, 3cx might be faster due to the extra weight on the 4cx

• 3 months later...

Well here she his, only photo I have at the mo. Today was a blinder for photos but I drove through some mud and caked the near side!! So, not wanting to show it all dirty I didn't take any pics of it.

IMAG1316.jpg

Archived