Newby hall vintage rally 9th -10th June 2012

convo

You should have gone on saturday, it was lovely and sunny most of the day. Quite a few of those fords weren't there though. That 8100 was pumping out 140+ on the dyno

I did toy with the idea of going on Saturday too Patrick but ended up commiting myself to other things. Delighted to have attended on the Sunday even if the weather was a little bit cloudy at least it was dry and I was able to capture the majority of the exhibits. :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice selection of photos there David...that Fordson in front of the Northrop looks so so straight and original 8)

Thanks Bill, always nice to see good mix of fully restored and highly original tractors on display such the long wing Fordson. :)

Continuing from where I left off yesterday with a selection of Fordson E27N tractors commencing with an ex-Austrailia machine.

P1190119.jpg

P1190134.jpg

P1190191.jpg

P1190192.jpg

P1190146.jpg

Kodak or Kojack....Sean...excellent photos as every from David...but did he have a lollipop in his mouth at the time and did he see most of the show through his camera lens :huh: ...seriously David I really like seeing your photo's which put my point and clicks contributions on here to shame...keep up the good work.

some nice pics there kodak , sorry david :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , looking forward to the next batch you post up mate

Thanks Sean, appreciated. Would have them posted up a lot quicker, but putting together flat pack boxes and filling them is taking up most of spare time at the moment. :)

Kodak or Kojack....Sean...excellent photos as every from David...but did he have a lollipop in his mouth at the time and did he see most of the show through his camera lens :huh: ...seriously David I really like seeing your photo's which put my point and clicks contributions on here to shame...keep up the good work.

Thanks ever so much Bill. Whilst it probably appears from the amount of photographs I take that most of the show is seen through the "screen" rather than with my own eyes, I do make sure I take a step back and appreciate the show myself. I'm fairly fleet footed, so it didn't take me all that long to chase around each manufacturer section with my camera and stop for a breather in between to take in the tractors being displayed......more to come. :)

well this little tractor caught my eye ;D ;D

That would be Phillipa Rawsthorn's Fuschia pink painted Ferguson TEA20. Truth be told i'm not sure if the tractor was painted that way to commemorate a particular charity or if she just wanted a pink Ferguson. Either way it's certainly an eye catching tractor that i've photographed at the November Newark Show for the last two years. :)

Brilliant collection of pics from the show David, most of the talent in taking a photo is the person operating the camera! :) Well done, and it looks again as ever that Newby had something for everyones taste.

From what i can remember, Phillipa's Pink Fergy was painted up that way because thats how she wanted it, as well as having that she has a V8 muscle car/ Hotrod and is something to do with Warton Stock Car/ Banger Racing club (last time i was there a semi retired Leyland 285 was earning its keep on track duties) ::)

Brilliant collection of pics from the show David, most of the talent in taking a photo is the person operating the camera! :) Well done, and it looks again as ever that Newby had something for everyones taste.

From what i can remember, Phillipa's Pink Fergy was painted up that way because thats how she wanted it, as well as having that she has a V8 muscle car/ Hotrod and is something to do with Warton Stock Car/ Banger Racing club (last time i was there a semi retired Leyland 285 was earning its keep on track duties) ::)

Thanks Paul, appreciate your very kind comments. Chuffed to bits I was able to head over to Newby Hall. I love the venue and how they have the tractors laid out around the trees in their respective manufacturers. :)

Thanks for the extended information on Phillipa and the origins of her pink painted Ferguson, you learn something new everyday as they say. More photographs from the show to follow. :)