2nd conversion 8 wheeled tipper

hi everyone this is my newest conversion of a 8wheeled tipper. Iv added another axle on the back and added another axle to the front which turn in conjunction with the front two wheels. I am yet to fit the ram for the tipper but want a few opinions on whether the tipping bed is to far back as i think it is but would like ur thoughts and advice on if it is and also where i can get a ram from cheers jordan

post-3634-0-10065000-1345412633_thumb.jp

post-3634-0-81416900-1345412790_thumb.jp

post-3634-0-42031000-1345412939_thumb.jp

Edited by Jordan_coe2012
  • Like 2

I do think the body is too far back and either a new one made from scratch, a second body cut and joined to this one or possible a trailer body found that could be the right length. As for a ram, is it a front mounted ram you are after? A car aerial is a popular idea. Or are you going for under floor tipping gear with the scissor support structure?

So far as the truck goes though you have made a very nice job of that indeed, especially the steering. :)

I'd have to agree with Tris, if you can't find another body to cut and stretch, or don't want to try and build your own why not try a body off a Britains Marston grain trailer Jordan? they are readily available and could be just the length that your looking for. ;)

Look forward to seeing this project when its finished :)

if you want a tipper body the same size as a marston grain trailer asda sells boxes of cotton buds for £1 and the box they come in is about the same size as the marsdon,a cheap quick easy fix to your problem.as for rams two sizes of alloy pipe one that fits inside another either from hobby shops or hardware shops.

Thats what I use for rams Joe .bluespot ones on eBay at 99 p each , easy enough to cut down to. Looks a great build , how did you join the chassis bits together ? I tried a similar build a while back and the plastic was nasty to try and glue and it kept breaking on me

hi thanks for the comment and tips should be very helpful. iv managed to get a marston trailer of ebay so will see what thats like for size wen it turns up. i still need to get a ram yet but hopefully that will be soon. i'd like to make a hi ab crane at sum point but tht looks a little tricky for me at the minute but will give it a go in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-3634-0-14851400-1353096769_thumb.jppost-3634-0-43951400-1353096792_thumb.jppost-3634-0-85421700-1353096841_thumb.jppost-3634-0-76713800-1353096886_thumb.jp

This is my latest update for my tipper, its about finished just needs a few finishing touches but not sure whether the ram is too short. It doesn't seem to lift the bed up enough so may have to adjust it at some point. i have been lookin at a few bulk blowers and have a few ideas i might try but they look a lot more difficult to do.

• 2 months later...