It seems the Smart Phone, in its number of guises would be the norm nowadays. I for one use my HTC to access the internet on mobile as well as at home on Wi-Fi more than any other means. I know many of you people do now too.

So, what about Apps? I've been a bit slow on the uptake of installing and using Apps. I only had one downloaded App unroll recently, a tachgraph hours runtime calculator. Yesterday on the recommendation of a mate of mine, I downloaded WhatsApp. It's a communication aid which is free, a bit like Skype with email, messenger, text/mms and voice calls all for free. It's very easy to use and it appears many people already use it as ait syncs with your phone contacts, thus showing you who you know who uses What's App.

What about you boys and girls, what do use? What does it do? And how do you find it?.

As a truck driver you'll like this,MY Tracks,records every aspect of your movements,speed.altitude,the works,you can then share it on Googlemaps,and see where you've been,like you didn't already know that >:D but it is fun,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.maps.mytracks&hl=en

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

downloaded bill angel from car phone warehouse on android, gives me an idea of minutes used on calls, texts sent and data downloaded, i have 'unlimited' on the last 2 but looking to change deals so gives me an idea on what to look for!

also the AA, useful on trips out with traffic news, tesco for store finders!, london underground map, although never really use it, rail planner, great to tell me train delays!, voucher cloud and linkedin as well as virginmedias tv guide so i can set recordings for programmes while out and about! oh yeah and ebay!

all on android (HTC)

I have a Firestone App for tractor tyre pressures on my phone, found it handy for checking them at work, also have one from Hutchinsons for seed rates, chemicals and other things for work.

• Like 1

Joe, I don't need that App. ... .. Oxfordshire Constabulary have informed me of my speed and whereabouts at 7.30am, Aug 4th. ... ::):(:blink:

48mph in the lowloader.....

As for Tes. . .. Tesc. . .. T. . ... Ben. Disgusting. I definitely won't be needing that one either!!! :angry::o

Joe, I don't need that App. ... .. Oxfordshire Constabulary have informed me of my speed and whereabouts at 7.30am, Aug 4th. ... ::):(:blink:

48mph in the lowloader....

Hopefully not in a 20 was it Tris?

Apparentley the course is the dullest thing in the world. Worse than the drivers cpc course

Edit: stupid phone

Edited by Jdeere6910

Camera facing me, havn't seen the letter yet as it is in the office but so say I am smiling quite happily as I chug along! 50mph single carriageway but that's still a 40mph farsicle speed limit for HGV's. First three points since I was 17.

• 1 month later...