Classic Tractor October 2012

I took my copy when I went and visited the driver of No 36 535 Quadtrac Lee Chapman at Knockothie Farms Ellon today. His boss Stuart Davidson's photo is in holding a model of a Quadtrac. Lee said he went to load and by time he got back he only got a wheeled version of the model...never mind he enjoyed the event. Lee pointed out his tractor on page 33..the first Scottish flag in almost the centre of the page and also top left on page 33 2nd tractor with the name Knockothie Farms. Today I had the pleasure of sitting in the said tractor as Lee was drilling OSR 8)..a totally different feeling to sitting in a wheeled tractor.

Thanks as ever guys, really pleased to hear you are enjoying the latest issue. Personally, I was pleased with the way it turned out.

I can't ever recall there being so much happening within a few weeks.....Quadtrac record, Combines 4 Charity record and the Irish forage harvesting record at Dunmore (not to mention the small matter of the actual harvest). All three were great events, congratulations to everyone involved.

We have also enlisted the services of Stuart Gibbard as a regular contributor following the decision by the publishers of Vintage Tractor (which he edited) to close the title. Stuart has several archive-related features he's currently working on for CT, which adds another different dimension to the title.

Feedback is always welcome, good or bad.

Regards

Rory

Classic Tractor

• Like 1

I picked up a copy earlier in Tesco - also had 'Eart***vers' Magazine free with it :) There are some great looking articles I shall look forward to reading, especially the Challenger one; I've always liked the early examples of these machines (1/32 manufacturers Norscot are you listening?)

Austin James' Laverda model is something else...I flicked to the second page as I had a quick scan through, and honestly thought it was a real one. The amount of work gone into it is truly phenomenal.

Well done to all on a great magazine

got mine today from the village post office. good artical about the ford 8401 development . i really like reading about proto types of these big fords from my youth as i was too young to ever remember them.

ford tractors were thin on the ground around here due to lack of a dealership. internationals, masseys, leylands, david browns were the main brands sold

great reading rory , keep up the good work ;D

Thanks everyone, your comments are most appreciated. CX820Joe, you 'bagged' (pardon the pun) a bargain there at Tesco with the special promotion that also includes Eart***vers magazine in a 2-for-1 deal.

Mrol....sounds like you have a battle on your hands to read the magazine before it gets torn to pieces. I'll see if we can strengthen the binding!!

Regards

Rory