Trailer question

catkom3

Showmen and their vehicles have an entirely different set of rules to abide by, their vehicles must be permanently fitted with living accommodation and/or the vehicle or part of must form part of the 'show' - ie catering, rides and so on. ;)

Max length of towing more than one trailer is 25.9m, Joe and only one can be longer than 7. Both trailers must be unladen too. Tracked vehicles do provide a grey area though as the laws havn't moved as fast as the progress in their use in farming.

• Like 1

this was me in 2010 joe with a mf 8450,but empty,never towed them both full in tandem,i would say your set up would be way over the weight limit

I used to tow 2 similar sized J H FORD silage trailers between jobs, empty of course, with my Ford 7600* (Safety cab version) without any problems around our steep-hilled terrain but they were coupled up with brakes (on a hand operated spool valve) & lights to all. I seldom needed the tractor footbrakes to stop though as the 8 trailer wheels were quite sufficient.

* probably only about half the weight of the Massey.

• Like 1