I was quite surprised to see two of these today,one behind the other going into my local service station,http://www.volvotrucks.com/trucks/global/en-gb/trucks/new-trucks/volvo-fh-series/Pages/the-new-volvo-fh.aspx by the time I nipped home for the camera there was only one left in the truck park,

002800x534_zpsb7fd9831.jpg

003800x533_zps7afaf534.jpg

Nice looking truck,it's about time Scania did something to make theirs look a bit more "up to date"

Regards

Joe.

I've been following this on the forums and it was released last month after a number of years testing. I'd seen the prototypes up and down the country quite a few times and all the talk was it being the new Volvo/Renault. Rumour has it the cab frame may well be underneath the new Magnum.

No doubt Scania will top them all though, Iveco have gone for a facelift, DAF have done the same with a 25 year old cab, Merc and Volvo have brought new motors, MAN never really do anything inspiring..... So that leaves the top dog to trounce them all ;) However, the grill design has been Scanias 'thing' since the 1 series so it almost has to stay. The Euro 6 is the cause of all the changes and it is the cooling itself which has demanded such changes, this may make some serious work for the designers.....

I've been following this on the forums and it was released last month after a number of years testing. I'd seen the prototypes up and down the country quite a few times and all the talk was it being the new Volvo/Renault. Rumour has it the cab frame may well be underneath the new Magnum.

No doubt Scania will top them all though, Iveco have gone for a facelift, DAF have done the same with a 25 year old cab, Merc and Volvo have brought new motors, MAN never really do anything inspiring..... So that leaves the top dog to trounce them all ;) However, the grill design has been Scanias 'thing' since the 1 series so it almost has to stay. The Euro 6 is the cause of all the changes and it is the cooling itself which has demanded such changes, this may make some serious work for the designers.....

The new Scania looks even worse than the current 4 series,personnaly I think the old 3 series was the best looking truck they ever made,new Scania here,

am i missing something,the picture shows a 55 plate,so how is it new? dont know anything about lorrys

Come on Paul V 55 VTC Volvo Truck Company, ;)

Regards

Joe.

The new Scania looks even worse than the current 4 series,personnaly I think the old 3 series was the best looking truck they ever made,new Scania here,

Come on Paul V 55 VTC Volvo Truck Company, ;)

Regards

Joe.

like i said joe, i will stick to the tractors,wouldnt mind a yorkie though!!
  • Like 1

That isn't the new Scania but an 'artists impression' of what it could look like. I think he is a Japanese chap studying some sort of vehicle design.

(Not forgetting the 4 Series was discontinued in 2005 with the launch of the R Series)

That isn't the new Scania but an 'artists impression' of what it could look like. I think he is a Japanese chap studying some sort of vehicle design.

(Not forgetting the 4 Series was discontinued in 2005 with the launch of the R Series)

Thank goodness for that! Looks more like something from Judge Dread.

Seems to be the era of ugly trucks........

Edited by PDH

I was quite surprised to see two of these today,one behind the other going into my local service station,http://www.volvotruc...w-volvo-fh.aspx by the time I nipped home for the camera there was only one left in the truck park,

002800x534_zpsb7fd9831.jpg

003800x533_zps7afaf534.jpg

Nice looking truck,it's about time Scania did something to make theirs look a bit more "up to date"

Regards

Joe.

Any idea what he was hauling in the G&A trailer Joe :huh:

Not a lot, Bill, the lift axle is raised, maybe nothing at all. Gray and Adams are a trailer manufacturer.

It has wishbone front suspension like a car now and a nice interior, Andy and much more space now that Volvo have done away with the sloped cab front. I do think the New Actros has the styling edge though. I'm yet to be as fortunate as Joe and get to ser one in the metal though.

As I said at the start Tris,I was amazed to see two both going into our local MOTO motorway service station,Bill I did post a message earlier,must have hit the back to top button instead of the post button,like Tris said the trailer is probably empty,as that is probably Gray & Adams own trailer,they use them to ferry trailer parts back and forth between their Dunfermline and Fraserburgh workshop's,

Regards

Joe,

PS (Not forgetting the 4 Series was discontinued in 2005 with the launch of the R Series) wasn't that just cosmetic,like the addition of the shiny chrome R badge, ;D;)

Regards

Joe.

No, Joe. The cab is higher to reduce floor height inside, complete new interior and telematics system, emissions also changed which meant redesigning and rejigging a lot of mechanics etc between the chassis rails. Also, the R series is at maximum as regards cramming in all that is and will be required up to Tier 6 I believe so a new truck 'proper' cannot be far away.... 8)

You must be on a statutory break at the moment ;) so it was a complete reshuffle,I've been away from trucking for twelve years now,kinda loose touch with what's happening,yes there are a few "new" Scania sightings video's on Youtube,there are also some crackers of the Scania V8 sound, :-*:-*

Regards

Joe.

Yep and now just leaving a South Wales Case IH dealer with a 4wd 290. Yes there are some right beauties on there, arn't there Joe. I'll just have to keep plodding in my trusty 420 4 series I guess..... At least she's a fast one!

Bill I did post a message earlier,must have hit the back to top button instead of the post button, the trailer is probably empty,as that is probably Gray & Adams own trailer,they use them to ferry trailer parts back and forth between their Dunfermline and Fraserburgh workshop's,

Regards

Joe,

Thanks Joe....I'll have to ask James Gray junior the next time I see him since I have never seen that trailer at Fraserburgh or on the road.