The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, watermill said:

Morning, yes it did come from Barry, a few back now. Lovely little model, shame about the good old wheel melt!

Yes sorry about the melt. I built a few of them for Barry. And some countys built from old tw20 scrappers. Superb collection you have. 

19 hours ago, 1972farming said:

Yes sorry about the melt. I built a few of them for Barry. And some countys built from old tw20 scrappers. Superb collection you have. 

Its a lovely model, I'd always wondered who had done it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Charlie, just had a major catch up with your collection but no doubt still missed something! Jeez, I reckon you could make a list of the models you HAVEN'T got in a pretty short time! Great to see more of it. I haven't been on the Forum in any great capacity for a long time.

I see it's been a while since the last post but you're probably only now coming to the end of a busy season.... either that or still in the thick of it, for want of a better expression!

A couple of questions for you.

Firstly, your Gold FTF in display case. As far as I am aware, only two were ever let out of Andy's grasp like this. Guess who has the other :rolleyes:;)

Secondly, that Britain's first release Land Rover in preparation assembly state... Wow! That's a find and a half, isn't it?!! Blimey. Also like the firet tender example as well.

Thirdly, do you have in your collection, the Britain's white and orange jeep with trailer? I cannot find one anywhere! Had it as a lad and suffered a great deal on a jeep safari through El Sandos Pitos. Think it got scrapped in the end :-[

There was a fourth but it's gone clear out of my head now!

***Edit***

Remember the fourth. TheMuir-Hill. Whilst a different model, there is one in a shed not far from you with a fifth wheel mounted log trailer. I forget the model as I'm not over familiar with them. I just remember seeing it and thinking what a fantastic bit of kit. It's not restored but in a very good 'working clothes' state.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:05 AM, Deere-est said:

Hello Charlie, just had a major catch up with your collection but no doubt still missed something! Jeez, I reckon you could make a list of the models you HAVEN'T got in a pretty short time! Great to see more of it. I haven't been on the Forum in any great capacity for a long time.

I see it's been a while since the last post but you're probably only now coming to the end of a busy season.... either that or still in the thick of it, for want of a better expression!

A couple of questions for you.

Firstly, your Gold FTF in display case. As far as I am aware, only two were ever let out of Andy's grasp like this. Guess who has the other :rolleyes:;)

Secondly, that Britain's first release Land Rover in preparation assembly state... Wow! That's a find and a half, isn't it?!! Blimey. Also like the firet tender example as well.

Thirdly, do you have in your collection, the Britain's white and orange jeep with trailer? I cannot find one anywhere! Had it as a lad and suffered a great deal on a jeep safari through El Sandos Pitos. Think it got scrapped in the end :-[

There was a fourth but it's gone clear out of my head now!

***Edit***

Remember the fourth. TheMuir-Hill. Whilst a different model, there is one in a shed not far from you with a fifth wheel mounted log trailer. I forget the model as I'm not over familiar with them. I just remember seeing it and thinking what a fantastic bit of kit. It's not restored but in a very good 'working clothes' state.

Morning Tris,

sorry for the slow reply, tried logging on a few times but not had much success recently.

Thanks for looking, glad you've enjoyed having a look through.

I must admit I didn't know only of the gold ftf fords were like this, learn someth9nig new every day. looks great in the case. And a smart case too.

I was very lucky to find the pre assembly landy, apparently used to hang in managers office in London many many years ago when it was made, its very different and a great part of a landy collection. I was toying with the idea of glazing the front of it, but decided to leave it original.

Somewhere lurking n the depths of the boxes yes there is an orange jeep & trailer, might even be more than one.

Don't see many muir hills about these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

I must admit I'd not seen them before, managed to get a major as well. Be interested to see what else comes trough, cracking model.

it amazes me how good some of this scratch built stuff is, I take my hat off to those out there who can do this. fair play.

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

It certainly is cracking. What scale is it? Looks big compared to the 1000 series behind 

Not 100% sure Martin but yes it's slightly bigger than 1/32 though. Possibly wouldn't notice in a layout if not next to a small tractor 

Archived