The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

5 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Good to see you back mr Austin mate. Lovely updates. I perticularly like the Massey and hydra cut rig. Very nice.

Cheers Chris, always enjoy having a look round the site, hopefully I'll get time to put a few more models on one day. 

'Glad to see your collection growing

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM, watermill said:

Morning Tris,

sorry for the slow reply, tried logging on a few times but not had much success recently.

Thanks for looking, glad you've enjoyed having a look through.

I must admit I didn't know only of the gold ftf fords were like this, learn someth9nig new every day. looks great in the case. And a smart case too.

I was very lucky to find the pre assembly landy, apparently used to hang in managers office in London many many years ago when it was made, its very different and a great part of a landy collection. I was toying with the idea of glazing the front of it, but decided to leave it original.

Somewhere lurking n the depths of the boxes yes there is an orange jeep & trailer, might even be more than one.

Don't see many muir hills about these days.

Yes, fewer and fewer restored examples of Muir-Hill about although, it is surprising where you find them still at work and usually in pretty rough company and kept going at the expense of ever rougher donor tractors! 

It's a shame the FTF display case doesn't have an way to secure the tractor inside. It needs one of the old fashioned twist locks like the Britain's toys used to be secure with. But it's a nice case all the same and does give the Ford something extra.

The forumoderator has had a couple of glitches which shut it down twice since I resumed posting on here. I can only hope it's not my fault!!

21 hours ago, watermill said:

Not 100% sure Martin but yes it's slightly bigger than 1/32 though. Possibly wouldn't notice in a layout if not next to a small tractor 

I'd love a 1/32 1174 fc with a mounted vac tanker, couple of videos of one on you tube caught my eye. There has been a photo of a model one at I think zwolle posted I the forum maybe last year or the one previous, but I remember they were bigger than 1/32. 

• 1 month later...

Those boxed sets of livestock/people are nice, but hard to find in my experience :-  The tools, and dog I think, also come in a tan coloured plastic.

Is the radio present in the Floral/Village Folk set as not visible unless it is behind the sitting boy, something there by the look of it though?

On 16/01/2017 at 10:12 PM, watermill said:

Yes they are hard to find, rare to see them appear and always a great addition to any collection, I'd love to find more of the older livestock boxed sets from this era.

Are these a 60's - 70's thing?

I obviously hadn't worked out how to do the roof job had I?!! Lots of flat roofs!

Wish my old Dad could see the collection now, although he would never admit it I think he enjoyed it when I built the farmyards outside.

Seems you were convo/ modding tractors at a very young age !!! I see some wheel swaps on some of those Britains . Very good pics from the good ol days . Cardboard boxs turned upside down for sheds ....I done the same thing myself .  I think I had the remains of a few early 80's era Britains , Lonestar & Siku tractors buried in a heap of sand at one stage . Great ol days they were & when the lawn was cut ...it was silage !!

Fantastic photos and they really bring back my own memories. It looks to me like you were a highly professional farmer back then, a keen eye for getting the job done with the right kit and not afraid to run multiple machines to get a job done.

18 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Seems you were convo/ modding tractors at a very young age !!! I see some wheel swaps on some of those Britains . Very good pics from the good ol days . Cardboard boxs turned upside down for sheds ....I done the same thing myself .  I think I had the remains of a few early 80's era Britains , Lonestar & Siku tractors buried in a heap of sand at one stage . Great ol days they were & when the lawn was cut ...it was silage !!

I loved taking wheels off models, trying to fit other wheels, etc Justin, the MF 760 combine wheels on the MF595 dual wheeled tractor looked good as my idea of a 72" wheel centre, problem being is I never got round to painting them. Did lots of the normal dual wheel swaps here and there, and trying to change front axles, I always ended up breaking them!!!

It all reminds me of those hot summers that as a kid seemed to go on for months, farming in the garden!

16 hours ago, Deere-est said:

Fantastic photos and they really bring back my own memories. It looks to me like you were a highly professional farmer back then, a keen eye for getting the job done with the right kit and not afraid to run multiple machines to get a job done.

Loved to fill the field sup with kit Tris, I miss the days of multiple combines working together, such a good atmosphere. I remember watching drilling next to my parents house as a kid - 2 x 4 furrow ploughs on an OPU JD3140 & a MF1200, a Ford 4000 with canvas cab and cage wheels discing, an MF590 2wd and another OPU JD3104 2wd with cage wheels and 4 metre roterras, the farms pride and joy an SG2 cab JD3140, cage wheels with a 4m Bettinson drill, a Ford 5000 rolling in, and finally an MF165 on the headland with the seed trailer. great days, lots of jobs too!!! I used to try and replicate this on the carpet or lawn.

Archived