Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

nice updates Phil,nice to see the 9530T out and working,when will you be drilling after the vaderstad then?

After the topdown I've pressed it with the rexius, that's it then apart from a spray off before the drill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice up dates  Phil & very good clear pics too only ever seen 4 tracked JDs 7 yours is one of them  !  in me time , & the biggest i is yours , i ve seen so thats good  what camera do you use Mr P ?????? as you do show us some good very clear pics for us  all too feed on  ta for that  mateyx 

and so weather permitting when will you be drilling?

Hi Paul long way off yet, this is for first wheats at the earliest around 15-16th of September, we held up for a week later last year to get more black grass seeds chatting,

Hi Jon thank you for your kind comments, upto this June in fact still use my old faithful little sony diggy camera, had a new camera for my birthday back in June and now have a samsung galaxy , really like great screen really good for taking and viewing photos, got wifi, so I van down load straight off the camera to photo bucket and Instagram , near bought the 3G version but didn't think it was worth the extra £100 , thought my forum friends wouldn't mind wait a bit for my pictures , great zoom on it too the only thing for me that cheesed me off like a prat I thought I could wifi or Bluetooth photos over to my iPad air , but no although it does send them over to my tv very well and no cables , getting back to tractors I think our dealer has 4 or 5 9 series crawlers out there , may be more now

Ta for info Phil -   i ve just got the Canon  A4000 IS  did have a bigger firm cam but the cost of prints was a little too much , only trouble i found is that i do seem to get a little bit of dust in the camera after getting far too close to the back of combines ha ha! but not !  :of   - there a good set of different sized JD tracktors about me but the tracked ones are a little like hens teeth >:(

wow! a tower silo.... is it still in use, for silage I presume  ?

It's hasn't been used for twenty years now , yes it was for silage and I used to hate going in there , it's full of jack doors now,

Hi all few from this week,

20140807_133414_zpsdmna4o11.jpg

20140807_133232_zpso1hxw1e9.jpg

20140807_133208_zps36cnqteh.jpg

Quite like my stripes, here I have just scratched the top to get the weeds to chit, ie black grass, this will be sprayed off and then direct drilled with the sumo dts

20140807_133058_zpsywvsmjjb.jpg

20140808_142411_zpslnwuqlrx.jpg

Great update Phil, the Warwick looks a good trailer

Yes it was well finished nice running gear, roll over sheet was easy to use, storage box decent lights, and good paint work, shame we couldn't borrow it but wasn't allowed to put any grain in it

Out and about this week no land work or harvesting going on , bloody weather, went to pick up a topper from our local contractor they have got them selves new to them this magnum looks like they are keeping there old one too.

20140811_091721_zpsy1ppmm9p.jpg

20140811_091737_zpsliiazdyq.jpg

20140811_091807_zpseucst7fq.jpg

20140811_091712_zpslh3ncrev.jpg

Some good pictures there :), how do you find the deere gps?

Hi ol, we use sf1 the free service and have been using it for years now and find accurate even for drilling, the last receiver is far better than the original one like I have on my crawler , as it picks up more than twice the amount of satellites ,

Another week goes by, I have been on my crawler today the first time for two weeks as the land has been covered in straw or bales or not even harvested, well the wheat was finnished last night , the baler man is catching up well but there are still a lot of bales about,

These pictures are helping the chap who helps us with his 7530 , this straw is for his livery,

I'm on his loader,

20140817_123837_zps3wpdo5cl.jpg

20140817_123855_zpsase2gclw.jpg

20140817_125928_zpsgcm6dqzq.jpg

20140817_130008_zpscln9vcqq.jpg

20140817_130018_zpsfuufagwu.jpg

The baler mans outfit

20140819_165242_zpsinchhalp.jpg

Think our new tractor looks better now I have fitted the front weight block,

20140819_165304_zpsb2qwecec.jpg

20140819_165257_zpsoxxqdcwn.jpg

This is very embarrassing , I've have had the new tractor on the hay bob for three days, funny thing is I have a friend who drives a truck all over the country and said today that he has seen a lot of big tractors about with tiny tedders on the back,

20140820_151021_zps6uyzfl4v.jpg

The chap with the livery had this 6220r on demo .

20140819_170936_zps3j0fawyb.jpg

Archived