Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

she does look a lot more balanced looks wise with the weight on phill, I assume you had no need for a front hitch ? as this way on a big tractor like that its rare to see one without . I agree with the hay bob comments to, I saw a mf 6499 go past the other day with one on .seemed weird .

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she does look a lot more balanced looks wise with the weight on phill, I assume you had no need for a front hitch ? as this way on a big tractor like that its rare to see one without . I agree with the hay bob comments to, I saw a mf 6499 go past the other day with one on .seemed weird .

We did think about having a front hitch fitted, but the six furrow plough we use to borrow has gone now and that would have been the heaviest thing the tractor would have lifted, so it would have been good to hang the weight out further , in the future we may put a fert tank on the front so we can apply fert whilst drilling but I think that's a way off , we did have an extra spool put on the tractor ready for front linkage though , so if the time comes we can just get a bolt on linkage ,

Is most straw baled Philip? With the switch to strip till and quit ploughing i'd would have thought straw would get chopped?

Does the 7270R have AdBlue as well?

We haven't totally switched, we are strip drilling osr, spring beans and first wheats into bean stubbles, the rest it topdowned and I still have a plough , even though I didn't use it last year and it's not in the planning for this year too, , yes most straw is baled one contract has it for his poultry, we have a bit , some local farmers have some and so far about 40 trucks have gone to France and Belgium

The only 7r to have add blue in this country is the biggest one , 300hp, the others will follow Maybe one or two years time, in the states they are all add blue plus the 8r tractors

We haven't totally switched, we are strip drilling osr, spring beans and first wheats into bean stubbles, the rest it topdowned and I still have a plough , even though I didn't use it last year and it's not in the planning for this year too, , yes most straw is baled one contract has it for his poultry, we have a bit , some local farmers have some and so far about 40 trucks have gone to France and Belgium

The only 7r to have add blue in this country is the biggest one , 300hp, the others will follow Maybe one or two years time, in the states they are all add blue plus the 8r tractors

Thank you for the reply Philip. What happens after Topdowning? Use the Rexius Twin and the combi drill or do you have a Rapid drill as well? Interesting your straw goes to France and Belgium. Holland imports a lot of straw from France!

Thank you for the reply Philip. What happens after Topdowning? Use the Rexius Twin and the combi drill or do you have a Rapid drill as well? Interesting your straw goes to France and Belgium. Holland imports a lot of straw from France!

Hi Niels, yea top down, rexius, rapid drill, bin told there desperate for straw as it's been very wet out there, by all accounts the trucks turn up and the farmers are there waiting for the bales , can't get them quick enough, the French government are paying for the transport, very little cash in it for us but it's getting rid of the straw as there's so much , it's not something we do every year ,this is the first time and probably a one off, straw price here is rock bottom.

Hi Niels, yea top down, rexius, rapid drill, bin told there desperate for straw as it's been very wet out there, by all accounts the trucks turn up and the farmers are there waiting for the bales , can't get them quick enough, the French government are paying for the transport, very little cash in it for us but it's getting rid of the straw as there's so much , it's not something we do every year ,this is the first time and probably a one off, straw price here is rock bottom.

Nothing different than here I read! Especially the French had a very bad harvest. I don't know if everything has been cut yet. There's still about 5% standing here which has been since early August.. That was about the last time it was fit. Big straw yields here as well but due to prices people all chop it.

Good update as usual Phil, has the baler made many ruts, we've made a few this year with ours

Cheers, no ruts at all not even the combine has not left a mark, up to Sunday night we have missed a lot of the major rain falls , I was topdownimg Sunday right through to 1.30 am Monday morning that's when the rain came and we had an inch on Monday and another 8'mm today. We were able to combine all last week when all our neighbours kept getting rain off so the ground is still firm this way, we finnished cutting all the cereals on Saturday just got 300 acres of spring beans to do , we're as there is still some wheat about round us

I thought you weren't going to have the extended rear mudguards Phil?  I told you they make the tractor look a lot better from the rear,  all it needs now is a decent exhaust system like the 8R then the 7R will finally look the part ;D.......................mind you I would still go for a Claas Axion 850 new shape 8)

I thought you weren't going to have the extended rear mudguards Phil?  I told you they make the tractor look a lot better from the rear,  all it needs now is a decent exhaust system like the 8R then the 7R will finally look the part ;D.......................mind you I would still go for a Claas Axion 850 new shape 8)

I think I like them now, the jd sales guy talked our manager into adding them , I actually think they look better when they are even wider if you have 800 or 900 tyres , the extra width sort of works with the length if you get what I mean, I know what you mean about the exhaust it does look a bit wimpy, but have a look at the 7310r it has the same shape stack as the 8r because it's add blue , the rest of the line up will follow once the older engines have run out of stock, I was at our dealers yesterday they had a event there and they had a 7310r there the stack looks good but will make it harder to climb round to the front step to clean the windscreen and bonnet which is hard enough now,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the screen is spot on , the top photo is showing the default screen that it came with you can and I have added more pages to it , if you look you can switch pages by either the top right arrows , the arrow button below the screen or just swipe it like an iPad , if you get to a page and your not sure what to do or how to set anything every function has a help page and a operators manual, but it it so easy to navigate round and do what you want , there is a couple of things though you can't document anything yet but I know that is coming that's why we had the larger screen , also can't store different implements but I guess that will happen too , but everything else works great like controlling the radio through it, the climate control , lights you name it's all in there

Archived