Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

What ever happens to a rev/hours counter the faithfull light knob and a few bulbs on a dashboard eh maybe a bit of flash wood finish . Somehow doubt I would be able to use a modern tractor now with that space shuttle control panel :)

Buy a Belarus?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems slightly inefficient to have one of those two big machines sitting idle at any one time?

You couldn't be more wrong , so efficient I'm on top of the job , one Man two tractors 2500 acres , up together with my work load plus this is the only two tractors the farm owns lots of far smaller farms round us with three - four tractors and drivers , even got the day off tomorrow must admit that's a first for me in September unless it's wet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all another few pictures of my Mobil homes, because I'm up together with my crawler I'm also doing the drilling this year , have got someone following me with the rollers so up to this point I've done the lot on my own , my manager is busy with the sprayer and loading grain trucks and getting my seed in the right place so we are getting along quite well really, it's like a desert out there though it's so dusty , drilling at night with the lights on is just like driving in thick fog I can't see a thing at times .

20140928_162856_zpsdduenccx.jpg

20140928_162525_zpsji4luop6.jpg

20140928_162722_zpsytqmqlcd.jpg

20140928_162547_zpsjwpugpvr.jpg

20140928_162649_zpseabir39j.jpg

Did you climb a tree to get those pics Phil ;D.............great photos by the way.......................................did you see the pics of the 7310R vs the old 7280R on front of FW last week?   You can see what I mean about how a couple of cosmetic changes (big exhaust pipe, big rear fenders) can drastically improve the appearance of a machine.........................................If Wiking make a 7310R just like the one pictured by FW I would have to buy it and sell my 7530 model :laugh:

You couldn't be more wrong , so efficient I'm on top of the job , one Man two tractors 2500 acres , up together with my work load plus this is the only two tractors the farm owns lots of far smaller farms round us with three - four tractors and drivers , even got the day off tomorrow must admit that's a first for me in September unless it's wet

Wasn't meant as a criticism....was just thinking if you did have a second driver you could cover even more ground as both would be running together. With the cost of farm machinery ever increasing I wonder if we'll get to the point where it's cheaper to have more men with smaller machines.

Did you climb a tree to get those pics Phil ;D.............great photos by the way.......................................did you see the pics of the 7310R vs the old 7280R on front of FW last week?   You can see what I mean about how a couple of cosmetic changes (big exhaust pipe, big rear fenders) can drastically improve the appearance of a machine.........................................If Wiking make a 7310R just like the one pictured by FW I would have to buy it and sell my 7530 model :laugh:

Once they have ran out of the current engines that are in stock ATM, they all will have add blue engines like the 7310r and then have the same exhaust as that ,

I didn't climb any trees , I'm to old for that but I did climb up a nine big bale high bale stack , sure I must be going mad ,

Wasn't meant as a criticism....was just thinking if you did have a second driver you could cover even more ground as both would be running together. With the cost of farm machinery ever increasing I wonder if we'll get to the point where it's cheaper to have more men with smaller machines.

Hi , finding the right second man is hard , we're not able to provide enough work all year round and if we were with wages, housing , ,insurance and every thing else that's goes with employing staff that would probably be nearly 50k a year , we normally hire in a 7r tractor to do the drilling and some one comes in to drive it but this year we sold our 7530 and bought the new 7r which in the long run is a lot cheaper for us to do that and they way the weather has been and how the ground has worked I've been able to keep on top of it all my self , funning you mentioned smaller kit though it is something we have talked about because we are now direct drilling and doing more spring cropping we can see we might not need my crawler in the future and manage with a 8370r instead ,

Ps sorry if I came across a bit blunt before , wasn't intended ,

• 2 weeks later...

First time I've used my plough since 2012, started today last block of land ploughing and drilling

20141017_105513_zps9qjs9ygf.jpg

20141017_164118_zpsqbxlmlvz.jpg

20141017_164318_zpsm1ijffns.jpg

Bad news the 7r is not ours it's a 7280r, our new one is not well and back at the dealers, sounds like something awful has gone wrong in the rear end , we don't know what's exactly wrong yet .

20141017_164151_zpsgkdgxhkx.jpg

20141017_164210_zpskgvvxhjj.jpg

20141017_164241_zpsmmgfypxh.jpg

[url=http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa362/hicksy23/20141017_164231_zpsrxrqyiih.jpg]http://i1194

Hi ol, I have to pick up the rear linkage on the tractor then when the middle plough wheels roll over my headland scratch i press a auto sequence mode, and the same coming back in, if I go manual on the plough control box can get it really tidy almost drop one in at a time

So the new 7R lasted about a month then Phil ::)...................Does anyone make a truly reliable tractor these days?  Obviously Deere aren't what they used to be, to complex and clever for their own good maybe?

Your right they are not what they used to be , no is any other brand, I know enough blue , red , pale green, drivers all having problems, there's no point running them down just have to live with it, all I know is our new deere with all the updates over the first 7r tractors is probably one of the nicest tractors I have driven, turns out as I thought the new e23 transmission has broke some where inside don't know how big or how small the problem is, but what I do know is deeres are putting a complete new transmission block in not letting the dealer mess about with the old unit , as it's such a new gearbox I guess they want to pull it apart for future reference. But there is one tractor out there that keeps on going and that's my 95 she is bomb proof I reckon,

I guess by letting the dealer swap boxes, and not mess with the old one, as you say, it helps with research and improving the overall design, most company's now just throw stuff out and let the purchaser test it, its not right given how they used to pre test things not that long ago really but time and the cash invested needs to be got back asap . gives you peace of mind to I guess knowing the whole things brand new and not had repairs to it

Archived