Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pictures as usual Phil, lovely. I don't know if it has been asked before but why does the farm run a New Holland combine that is otherwise religiously John Deere?

Hi Niels, our last combine was a jd cts which worked really well for us , we had a nh9070 demo , and it proved to have even more out put than our cts, we tried the cts replacement can't remember the jd number , didn't think much of it so we orderd a nh9080. , we have tried the new jd's when they were launched still not so keen but have been told there are some big improvements for next year, as there is a new nh combine for next year , ours has been really good, very reliable , great sample the baler men love the straw plus we have a very good dealer three miles away .

Thank you for the answers Phil! A good dealer is always most important. The CTS and C series were always regarded good machines. Very odd JD have now stopped making them in favour of the T-series. The replacement for the original CTS (build to cut rice) was the 9780 CTS. Up until 2 years ago there were 4 CTS' very local to me. Only one has remained for this season. One got replaced with a 9780 CTS, another with an S670, the third with a New Holland CR or CX as it broke down last year and sat in the shed for 2 weeks! because spares had to come from the US!. Number four is running but won't be long I bet.

Is this machine hired or leased then as you say a new one is coming next year? I've only seen the cab of the new CR but by the looks of it Claas is given a run for its money.

Thank you for the answers Phil! A good dealer is always most important. The CTS and C series were always regarded good machines. Very odd JD have now stopped making them in favour of the T-series. The replacement for the original CTS (build to cut rice) was the 9780 CTS. Up until 2 years ago there were 4 CTS' very local to me. Only one has remained for this season. One got replaced with a 9780 CTS, another with an S670, the third with a New Holland CR or CX as it broke down last year and sat in the shed for 2 weeks! because spares had to come from the US!. Number four is running but won't be long I bet.

Is this machine hired or leased then as you say a new one is coming next year? I've only seen the cab of the new CR but by the looks of it Claas is given a run for its money.

Hi Niels ours is owed , not leased it has just started it's seventh harvest, we are only getting a very brief viewing on another farm of the next gen nh combine next month , I can see our combine doing next season aswell .

nice pictures Phil,how many trailers do you run with the cr?

Just me Paul both blocks of rape have been planted around both farm were we've been harvesting, on wheat and barley it can be three trailers

Just me Paul both blocks of rape have been planted around both farm were we've been harvesting, on wheat and barley it can be three trailers

so do you hire in those extra tractors and trailers Phil,as im sure you have said you run just the jd tracked and 7530

Do like your pictures they are always clear and sharp. Realy like the 2130 on the header trailer makes for some nice pics. Looks very smart as does all the kit you have.

Do like your pictures they are always clear and sharp. Realy like the 2130 on the header trailer makes for some nice pics. Looks very smart as does all the kit you have.

Cheers taz .

so do you hire in those extra tractors and trailers Phil,as im sure you have said you run just the jd tracked and 7530

Yes Paul one chap who used to work for us is now involved with his family livery yard he comes in with his 7530 to help on grain cart and rolling and he has a nearly new 6 furrow plough , although we did not plough last year, plus he does some hedge cutting, the other person has a jd 6430 he uses that when we need it on trailers, then he will drive our drilling tractor when I'm on my crawler

Yes Paul one chap who used to work for us is now involved with his family livery yard he comes in with his 7530 to help on grain cart and rolling and he has a nearly new 6 furrow plough , although we did not plough last year, plus he does some hedge cutting, the other person has a jd 6430 he uses that when we need it on trailers, then he will drive our drilling tractor when I'm on my crawler

thanks for the reply Phil,when is your 7R due?

So is it the wheels next on the 2130 ? The tin work looks natural and in good nick , and now the roofs done that's the only bit that looks off

Can't make my mind up , the rear mud guards do need a fair bit of work doing to them , was thinking working from the top down , but who knows it could be the wheels, but all that it a long way off really , I got on with the roof as it had two holes in so I wanted her water tight just in case it had to stand out side for any reason .

Really good update Phil.

Your 2130 is looking good, how does it handle the header trailer?

She pulled it really well, if I had a pick up hitch on it I reckon I would use it a lot moving trailers around the yard ,

• 2 weeks later...

Makes a lexion look so small :) :) you been growing samples for someone then mate??

The Sygenta chemical and seed company have a 40acre field of ours this year doing hundreds of trails out there,

Archived