Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

Can't say I agree with you there Sean. The test period has become rather longer than shorter!! Back in the days there were plenty of awful tractors around, just we remember the good ones and not the bad ones. Plus, what is one guys merit is another guys nightmare. Only today a lot of testing is done by computers from the office or in a controlled environment whereas back in the days it would be virtually no computers and all done by hand. Maybe this does pick up faults more easily, I don't know. But I don't think you can claim stuff is thrown out these days and not tested. Of course this might sometimes happen but in CT for example I read interviews with people that say exactly the same about 60s, 70s, 80s tractors etc..!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to testing farm equipment you can't beat vaderstad. Every new machine that comes out of the design office is made and put to work breaking down rocks for days on end in a granite quarry. Very interesting article in this months farmers guide about it.

Not sure about other manufacturers but claas defiantly put pre production machines out for testing on farms locally we've got a preproduction Arion 650 cvt a axion 940 and also a preproduction orbis header not sure on the charges but they have to give like try of feedback on the machines

• 4 months later...

Hi every one, it's been a while since I've posted, nothing really to report , been up to my usual winter jobs, machinery maintance , hedge cutting, stock work , and back on a digger ditching and hedging, but now I'm back on the sprayer mad at it again with both spraying and fertilizing, we've had a fair drop of rain today and it's still raining which will slow things down this week as I was gonna start drilling spring beans and then spring barley , we've had two nice trailers delieverd last week and I took one out for it's first trip moving seed to our other farm ready for drilling , here's some photos .

981160fbaa625b88ff8d398d6d773071_zpsae29

bbe04c70d45f8a9b63c4bdc1a9f38da7_zps3ea0

0c81310a4a417afe4ba30ac7b1947875_zps8275

835dd0d8703700c038bee01d6cd75d68_zps6a3e

3021c9f4037c9cdfd58871ac72a5e2d7_zps17b7

Didn't have my camera with me , took these with my phone so my pictures aren't that great .

how's that deere going phil, any major issues with it?? saw a larrington  trailer today weirdly enough, in nh blue on the back of a t7??? that looked new to, or very well washed and cared for

Hi tractorman, yea you could say a major issue , new gear box, fitted, still don't know what happened to it,even the dealer wasn't aloud to touch , it's should be back in the states now for deeres to pull apart , but she is going well now and really like driving it although it's only been only trailer work , soon be drilling though

I guess it could happen  to anyone any brand , all this new kit, at least it was under a warranty   I assume ?  I guess stuff doesn't get real field tests like they used to a while back, all they seem to do now is make a few for each country and away they go, let you guys find the issues for them

It's really upset deere as the new e23 gearbox is there new baby, they can't do enough for us now, extend warranty , free services and there gonna keep an eye on it with regular visit to monitor the tractor . It's our first major problem we've had with jd's so can't grumble I guess

could just be a simple "Friday " gearbox, it happens one small screw wrong or similar, at least they have done every thing to sort it , shows a good back up service.

Your right, we can't fault the dealer it's funny when you go there , every one seems to know what's happened to our tractor and they all seem pretty cheesed off about it . Think they have sold a couple more now and are out on farms so it will be interesting to see how they go , ours was there first e23 to be sold.

Archived