Douglas Agri

Wayne D

8 hours ago, tractorboyjules1977 said:

Good value for money apparently ! What was it like to put together Wayne ?

I haven't started it just yet, I just loosely assembled it to try and work out where I'll cut it and adjust it to suit my plans. 

But it's really well made and even non glued it would hold together pretty well. I'll get some progress made this weekend. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small start made on the new shed, I've painted up the steel columns and beams red. I also did a few of the pen gates as well to see how they would look.

5595270E-71D4-48F8-82A7-B87B8F6981A8_zps

I find these little tester bottles great and cheap for random jobs like this when you don't need much paint. B&Q seem to always have plenty.

61E2D3E6-20F5-4C24-B1BD-609C1F265B30_zps

31 minutes ago, RED7726 said:

They look like they are well made, I'm thinking of using them when l start on my sheds, really good value for money too...

Yeah I'm very impressed with them I must say, fit is excellent, everything has been laser cut. Really is an excellent company, even right down to the packaging the shed came in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, I intend to paint the lower walls a grey colour to replicate a RC wall finish. 

Im not sure what to do cladding wise, either corrugated card like I've done before, or maybe try some new plastic corrugated sheets. Only down side to using the card, is they warp in the winter, so maybe the plastic might be a better option. 

14 minutes ago, Wayne D said:

Thanks mate, I intend to paint the lower walls a grey colour to replicate a RC wall finish. 

Im not sure what to do cladding wise, either corrugated card like I've done before, or maybe try some new plastic corrugated sheets. Only down side to using the card, is they warp in the winter, so maybe the plastic might be a better option. 

If you glue two sheets of corrie together with lots of EVO Stik sandwiched in between that'll stop it warping. I put the green for the outside and white corrie on the inside. Also keep it we'll stretched between joists when gluing.

You can get a4 sheets of corrugated card with a stiff flat back card on it , seen it in red and black, I have some for future use, got it in a hobby shop. Being flat it gives a nice surface to glue onto giving max area between it and the bars of the building

A little bit more done tonight, two up rights fitted and deviding gates added. 

I painted the lower walls at the weekend, I know the picture is quite poor, but in day light the colour has turned out really well with a matt grey finish.

D89A8303-8967-4400-9AE0-EB2E9034673A_zps

Next step will be a few more horizontal supports and then start the green cladding. I will hopefully have another update come the weekend. 

Hi mate,

I had a look at it as I was working on the shed earlier, and it seems to have taken to it pretty well. I went for a Matt shade, so maybe it's not showing up any absorbing as much as a brighter colour might. They have been painted a few weeks now, so hopefully they should be ok.

Cladding rails added tonight.

B81A7EC6-7869-460B-9A89-BB98907419D6_zps

3A938FCB-ED30-4B0F-B503-E6A5AF3A32EB_zps

I've ordered some green corrugated card from HLT, along with drinking troughs. Hopefully they should be here by the weekend.

I've been thinking over it and I think I'm going to add timber laths to the two gables, I think it should look well against the green sheeting.

20 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Nice way of personalizing what are already very specific shed kits with the altered roof. How did you find the dulux paint for adhering to the laser cut sides of the wood? Anything I've tried so far is just absorbed by the wood

James,prime the wood first

Archived