Next (spring) spalding show 2013

IH885XLMAN

Was sorry to have had to miss out this year, attendance going by these pics looked good. .. I'm sure most only went along to see Johns models though, jeewhizz they look good. What is the story with the Landrover sprayer? The diorama displays for sale look nice, who were those?

The landrover sprayer was made by a chap (sorry I don't know his name) who actually used the real vehicle for weed control on the railways back in the "good old days" when weedkiller was lethal. His mother's lawn had a white streak across it where his overalls hung on the washing line.

Andy looking pensive whilst Auntie Sue examines her hankie

Nice pictures Mike, but I was examining my breakfast - bacon inna bun!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to my local toy fair, @ the B&W Showground here @ Shepton Mallet on Sunday. One of the usual stands was missing, Adrian Little (Mercator Trading). One of the other stallholders said he was at Spalding. Did anyone here look at his stand, or take a photo of it?

I'd be interested to see how he filled his table with just farm stuff, as he normally has a broad range of old toys/models, including farm, zoo, soldiers, etc.

went to my local toy fair, @ the B&W Showground here @ Shepton Mallet on Sunday. One of the usual stands was missing, Adrian Little (Mercator Trading). One of the other stallholders said he was at Spalding. Did anyone here look at his stand, or take a photo of it?

I'd be interested to see how he filled his table with just farm stuff, as he normally has a broad range of old toys/models, including farm, zoo, soldiers, etc

Although I didn't go to Spalding, Adrian normally does and generally he manages to fill the 3 tables with farm models quite easily, David. Be lucky if any of our FTFers took pics of anything other than the tractors and machinery traders though ;)

You'd like Andy's Dad's stand - he has a vast collection of lead and obsolete stuff.

Did anyone take any pics of the diorama competition?  Hope you did, David - the pics so far are excellent and thanks for sharing :)

Although I didn't go to Spalding, Adrian normally does and generally he manages to fill the 3 tables with farm models quite easily, David. Be lucky if any of our FTFers took pics of anything other than the tractors and machinery traders though ;)

You'd like Andy's Dad's stand - he has a vast collection of lead and obsolete stuff.

Did anyone take any pics of the diorama competition?  Hope you did, David - the pics so far are excellent and thanks for sharing :)

I second that comment about Andy's Dad - his stand is always worth a good browse and I got a few nice bits and pieces

As for diorama comp - there wasn't one.  Only one display was present in any case (and that seemed to have a lot of HLT bits and pieces)

I photographed the Dyson's award winning wartime themed display which looked just as stunning as it did at Leamington Spa. I also have photographs of another smaller layout with various vintage siku tractors, and i'm certain there was a third layout that I also photographed at Leamington Spa that had a weathered Scaledown Fordson tractor sat in one of the sheds that looked superb. But unfortunately I seemed to have missed that one with my camera this time around. Thank you for your very kind comments Mandy. Lots more photographs to follow. :)

One of the great things about your photos David is that I get to see displays and stands that I missed on the day, thanks you for being so thorough with the old camera. 8) 8)

One of the great things about your photos David is that I get to see displays and stands that I missed on the day, thanks you for being so thorough with the old camera. 8) 8)

Thanks ever so much Mike. Likewise it's great to see the show from your own photographic perspective too. As for being thorough I definitely missed a few of the stands whilst I was there but as always really enjoyed capturing a few close up shots of the things that really caught my eye. :)

More from the smaller hall next and Barry's fine stand filled with a fantastic array new releases and custom built models.....Jacs is definitely going to kill me for posting this one up. >:D

P1280935_zpsa9bbeccb.jpg

P1280936_zpsa0780667.jpg

P1280937_zpsbdfda63d.jpg

Dave Towse's stand.

P1280942_zpsc0f896c2.jpg

Forum member "Archie's Pike" stand.

P1280927_zps2d05e79e.jpg

P1280928_zpsa2a4b46a.jpg

they do mate, as to how much i saved there :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  most of the pics show stuff i may well have bought had i seen it 

Must admit the photographs I took on my first visit certainly came in handy when planning potential purchases and stands to visit over and over...and over again the year after ;D ....Oh and deciding which one of the hotel receptionists i'd like to share a room with the following year.  :police:

Moving into the main hall now, starting with the Old Pond Publishing stand.

P1280943_zps8f89c55f.jpg

Martin Smits stand.

P1280944_zpsa09db28c.jpg

P1280945_zpsb0348868.jpg

G & M Farm Models stand.

P1280946_zps1524fad8.jpg

Whenever I visit Graham and Michelle's stand I always find myself salavating over these 1/25th scale First Gear construction models. I will eventually end up buying Dad a Cat D9 and scraper box....one day! :)

P1280947_zps5eb73329.jpg

P1280948_zpsa4d7206a.jpg 

Archived