John Deere 6430

First of all I will say Happy New Year to all. A while back I did a conversion of a Wiking JD 6930 into a 6430 it sat in my display cabinet, every time I saw it, there seemed to be something not quite right with it. So I decided to start from scratch getting measurements of the real thing and plenty of photographs. The main donor model is the Wiking JD 6930 other donors include UH Valtra N142, a UH Valtra C and a UH Deutz K100. The chassis of the Wiking has been shortened the back axle raised slightly. The front of the cab has still got to be modified and re-glazed. The rear wheels are from the Valtra N with reduced track width. The front axle compromises of parts from all donor models. The front tyres are from the Deutz. The front linkage is from Artisan32. The bonnet has been shortened and lowered and the same for the front grill. Still need to do some modification to the side grills as they are too big at the moment. Well that is as far as I have got, so enough talking here are some pictures. First up it disassembled image_zps2a072f25.jpg Next one showing the difference between how the bonnet started at what it looks like now. image_zpsb1bc9df9.jpg Next one showing some of the modifications to the chassis. 775309ce58f3354d437e4cb6a116078a.jpg

looking good there. will you have to lower the cab to match the bonnet i am doing a 6830 and have had to lower the cab to get the right height.
I have got to adjust the cab at the front and then re-glaze it. That's why at the moment in the pictures the frame of the cab sits higher than the bonnet.

tidy bit of work that mate, would look pretty nice with the wiking front loader on it to, i tend to see a lot of the smaller deere with loaders on  ,even pcc has one now ,on turf tyres mind , along with the 2 droop snoot fergys they got last year 
I had thought about that, but I believe the loader would be too big for the size of tractor. But will see once it is complete as it shouldn't take too much to attach it if it looks alright.

looking good mark , on real 6430 premiums with three steps/cab suspension the cab is slightly higher than the bonnet, but on ones with two steps/ or standards have the bonnet and cab level like most deeres. don't know what your going for but thought this might help ( you probulary already know though :D )  

Of  course the main problem is the bonnet,  as those who know their Deeres well realised very quickly that the 6930 Wiking was a decal mistake and infact is a 75 or 7430 hence the correction with the loader version.................The 7530 has a much higher and curved bonnet unlike flat bonnet topped 6030s..............................therefore just truncating the bonnet to create a 6430 wont work mainly because a 7530 has a much higher cab platform than 69/6430

You  therefore need to reduce the cab platform if thats possible.......................Im not being picky just stating the facts from an engineering and design perspective......................If your going to try and make a spot on 6430 convo youve got your work cut out ;D

Of course convo model making is a labour of love (And expense :- ) so if  your happy with your efforts THAT is the only thing thats important............good luck :)