Classic-Combines?

britainswomble

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of that Aktiv Snowtrac Paul the Suzuki dealer where I bought my last car is run by the son / son in law of the guy who was the main U K dealer for them,you've maybe seen him on TV when Sugg's used to do a car related TV show,http://www.classic-combines.com/snowtrac.html

Regards

Joe,

I think i remember the programme you mean Joe, Andy put alot of hours into the Snowtrac like most of his builds but  that one was something a little bit different ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

May well be amazing. after 4 bloody years wait for my 1250 I wish he would just get on with orders taken and deposited , not like I havnt tried to contact him either with no reply,

All I can say is be patient Sean......Don't think he's done any 1250's at all yet.... but in one of the many conversations we have he did say he's getting there. I've never had a problem contacting Andy either via email info@Classic-Combines.com  or phone 01748 850905.

its very easy to ay that paul, but after a few attempts to get hold of him,on both methods you mentioned , plus not getting to many shows to actually speak to him ( he walked the opposite way from me at the last show I saw him) it does grate a little when you see all this new stuff coming out, I shouldn't need to find out info like the 1250 stuff you just said second hand really.

Sean I can see where your coming from, Andy gave up doing Toytrac so apart from Spalding and Portrush in November they are the only UK shows Andy does... Don't forget that a 1250 isn't just a 1200 with different decals clagged on it... I'm no fergy man but from a couple of friends in the know there's at least 40-odd differences, and with Andy being the sole designer, draughtsman, pattern maker, builder, painter, infact apart from the etching and the brass casting are the only to bits he doesn't do himself. things take time. I'll be the first to admit that I play about with 16th models and non are perfect but from the amount of time I put in on the county build I can see where Andy's time goes.

The sawbench released this year has been an on going project for 3 years..... the first mock up prototype was sent as a gift from Andy to my late dad three years ago this month. That's just a simple model..i'd hate to think how long some of these drills have taken from paper and pen to finished product. 

Archived