Classic-Combines?

britainswomble

Hi, I don't know if this subject has been covered before in any part of the forum. Forgive me if it has.

This is a question I'm dying to know the answer to; and the one no doubt many of us are scared to ask; especially from the manufacturers if these superb models.

There isn't a lot of kit available in 1/16th scale for the ever increasing range of models in this scale, so does anyone know if there is a price list available for their models................... see what I mean. Typed in small lettering because I'm afraid to ask!

My suspicion is that something like their Haybob, probably costs about half the price of the real thing.

I, like many more of the forum members, would love to own some of their models but suspect they are way beyond my budget.

I look forward to your replies, particularly if anyone has some of their models. 

Looking at the PTO powered machines; I was surprised they actually made them without the guards. Seems to me like spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar really. In this day and age I'm sure they must be a worldwide requirement, so it's shame they aren't fitted.

I would particularly like a set of Parmiter discs and a Weeks grain trailer to start with. Both would look great behind my UH Power Major.  Thanks for reading this topic!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a price list available william, one for agricultural and one for plant

if you google classic combines, then send an email or written request to the address on the site, Andy send you price list,

the haybob around the £375 mark, and 4.5t weeks basic trailer around £225 plus £70 or so for the grain extensions. the Discs around £230 ish.

I've quite a few of Andys models, will post some pics when time allows. i usually get 2 or 3 models a year, that way by the time i've saved up the model is ready,

I don't think Andy fits pto guards so that you can actually see the UJ's and sliding joints in the pto shaft, it's a shame to cover them up

I think that the MF1200/1250 are now closer to £1400, and some of the top spec jcb's are nigh on the £1750 mark. Pricey but you get what you pay for, and Andy can often spec up a model to your requirements............ that makes each individual build unique :)

Thanks Erik,  I'm glad you like my collection, the rest of my 1/16th is mostly UH but there a few DBP  and RJN classics amongst the tractors. The collection never started out to end up as big but after the 1st purchase of the Rotoflail and the first blue weeks trailer then i was bitten by the bug and now get a couple or 3 pieces a year.

There 2 other bits that aren't in the pics, my mum is the proud owner of one of Andys Jcbs, and there a county 954 that Andy put a Duncan cab on to go with the yellow dump trailer in the pics.

I like the look of your revesible plough, it's something i've thought about but not bit the bullet and ordered one yet ;)

Sounds good Paul...I think I first saw this man's creations at the few model shows which were held at Kittochside  at the National Museum of Rural Life. Scotland.....but well that must be between 1999 and 2006 since I remember driving to the event for a few years and it was in my 2.5 litre V6  Sri Vauxhall Vectra.....great car but loved petrol and I remember a head light bulb fused on the way down but a pit / comfort stop at BP Dundee got a new one and got replaced in the car park before the show opened.......I seem to recall you had a green  Land Rover back then :huh:

The 'forthcoming' Claas Senator (forthcoming for about 12 years now) I was told (also probably about 12 years ago) would cost in the region of £2000...I think its probably possible to buy a real one for not much more than that, isn't it?

I'll get it out of storage Bill and get a couple of pics for you, when i get  bit more time i'll photo them properly and start a topic in the collections forum.... :)

I'd like to see them too, please - there doesn't seem to be much chat about CC on here. I love his models but vowed to stay 1/32 as, in common with most, I  don't have enough space.

Sounds good Paul...I think I first saw this man's creations at the few model shows which were held at Kittochside  at the National Museum of Rural Life. Scotland.....but well that must be between 1999 and 2006 since I remember driving to the event for a few years and it was in my 2.5 litre V6  Sri Vauxhall Vectra.....great car but loved petrol and I remember a head light bulb fused on the way down but a pit / comfort stop at BP Dundee got a new one and got replaced in the car park before the show opened.......I seem to recall you had a green  Land Rover back then :huh:

Aye you've a good memory there Bill, i did indeed drive a green landy 90 back then, and it was here too that i first met Andy and admired the models that in later life i'd become addicted too :)

I'd like to see them too, please - there doesn't seem to be much chat about CC on here. I love his models but vowed to stay 1/32 as, in common with most, I  don't have enough space.

I'll get them posted up the next time i get a spare afternoon John. I sold off quite abit of my 1/32nd to concentrate on the 1/16th stuff, something thats abit different and not seen over here that often :)

Hi Paul, wonderful examples you have there. Where did you get the literature above as some of those models are not on his website. I have always marvelled at this work, does he work alone as this would explain the waiting times for some models I guess?? Lovely chap too, spoken to him a few times at Spalding, lives up the road from me.

Hi Paul, wonderful examples you have there. Where did you get the literature above as some of those models are not on his website. I have always marvelled at this work, does he work alone as this would explain the waiting times for some models I guess?? Lovely chap too, spoken to him a few times at Spalding, lives up the road from me.

Thanks Lee, it's not too big of a collection but it's getting there slowly, i've yet to bite on a MF1200 but given time i might.................

The thumbnails that are posted above are off a disc that Andy sent me with my last delivery of the 4 furrow Dowdeswell and the Doe 7 tine cultivator, he did it as a sample to see how it turned out to have a catalogue on disc, hence why some bits haven't made his website yet. Andy is totally the sole worker, from finding, measuring, photographing, drawing the layouts, nesting the toolings, making the masters for any castings (which  casting and the etching is the only bit he doesn't do in house) to cutting out soldering and painting before final assembly, so as you say it's easy to see why his models don't come over night.

One of the great model makers and always will be :)

Your spot on with that observation Lee, yep the Countys are DBP, the yellow one on the dump trailer in the 1st set of thumbnails was a project Andy built for my late dad, though he never got to see the finished cab and trailer. There are now 3 of that pairing, one on a 754 in yellow that doesn't live that far from me, the 954 that we have and a third went across to Ireland at the end of last year. The David Brown and Leyland tractors with loaders are both RJN classics, the Leyland living here in the Valley with us and the David Brown went further down the country i think.

There are 1001 things that would be fanastic if Andy would build them, alot of the time it's the first hurdle of getting the rights to build the model, but a Muirhill would be some beast if it came out of Andys workshop :)

Archived