Classic-Combines?

britainswomble

it must be a nightmare trying to keep tabs on depsosits paid years previous. I never take a deposit until im actually ready to start the model build and after my research, that way i have almost immediate pictures to show the customer that its underway. But i do appreciate that Andys work is different, obtaining permission, the setting up jigs or guides for so many individual parts, the machining of many parts and indeed his careful research ( have you ever seen a fault on Andys models)  i havent..    For me personally id think 2 years is quite a wait and i dont take orders for anymore than a year at a time, but again my case is different to Andys as he is full time and im part time at the models...It would certainly be a long haul through Andys complex models from start to finish but it is nice to know an approximate time scale for delivery when paying the deposit initially..Id love some of his models but unfortunately there out of my league but i do enjoy see,ing his great work...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That weeks trailer looks like its had hard life !

To obtain this look, put in a well packed box, send by Royal Mail, 2nd class, to yourself, they will return it, as thus!!  :D

That weeks trailer looks like its had hard life !

You could definatley say that Iain..... Though I might know a little bit more about that one ;) will be a couple more pics to follow ;)

To obtain this look, put in a well packed box, send by Royal Mail, 2nd class, to yourself, they will return it, as thus!!  :D

Sounds a bit like you've lost a bit of faith in our postal service Barry....... :laugh:  :laugh:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

A couple of updates to Andy's portfolio of trailers,

Firstly a 70's Taskers single axle flat...based on a full sized example found at York machinery sale and still doing active service, shown pictured with a matching dolly, and would be one hell of a bale trailer

Dsc_3480large.jpgDsc_3493large.jpgDsc_3741croplarge.jpg

and secondly an Armour Trailer built as copies of real examples owned by good mutual friend of both Andy and myself, Mr Ivan Bruce of Magherafelt, Northern Ireland.

DSC_7699large.jpgDSC_7760large.jpgDSC_7777large.jpg

Not too sure as yet Martin, :rolleyes: Like Mark I do like the idea of a big bale trailer, might look the part on the back of one of the 1455's,:) but seeing the 2 of the Armour trailers at Penrith when Andy brought them across to show Ivan his work in progress before Portrush looked good too and a bit different to the current fleet of weeks 3.5's and 4.5's..... Though realistically might get the baler and a couple of other smaller odds and ends sorted before the next big order placed.

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Not too sure as yet Martin, :rolleyes: Like Mark I do like the idea of a big bale trailer, might look the part on the back of one of the 1455's,:) but seeing the 2 of the Armour trailers at Penrith when Andy brought them across to show Ivan his work in progress before Portrush looked good too and a bit different to the current fleet of weeks 3.5's and 4.5's..... Though realistically might get the baler and a couple of other smaller odds and ends sorted before the next big order placed.

Would those Armour trailers be seen over here? They did look fantastic when I saw them at Penrith. 

18 hours ago, mb86 said:

Would those Armour trailers be seen over here? They did look fantastic when I saw them at Penrith. 

I'm guessing a few might have found their way over into southwest Scotland Martin, Possibly a bit of exchange between dealers maybe??, They certainly did look good but also have a bit of a look of the odd trailer produced in small numbers over here, Clayton's  built a few many moon's ago in single and tandem's with a design not too far from the style of the Armour, Have some old photo's somewhere, i'll have to see if I can find them. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another of Andy's recent builds from his dad's farm back in the day, although Andy can't really remember the trailer in actual use his dad recalled it being on Scammel Scarab wheels  and tyres, with one of it's main tasks was collecting bales from an old roto-baler. In further conversation with Andy he's on with finishing a batch of 4 JCB's having spent a few hours on his lathe knocking out pivot pin bushes.

DSC_0810.thumb.JPG.be93d07f7210c6678bdc1c327fc29fe7.JPGDSC_1453.thumb.JPG.c098642c868cbed9082eb2d4ccb8b9b1.JPGDSC_1470.thumb.JPG.dbefc165290336fd585ebfb894a70649.JPG

Also recently finished is Andy's Twose Trip Buckrakes, Available in 4 different widths and as Andy puts it.... Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large, these feature fully turned tines rather than the fabricated ones that Andy used on his prototype

DSC_0832.thumb.JPG.f3305a162846feb38d905ca9e4f52e9d.JPGDSC_0853.thumb.JPG.088b038b311ea1a3f6912f9e4a978ecf.JPGDSC_0888.thumb.JPG.1526c4d64ce100f5c8101d01e4516632.JPG

And a load that was ready to go at Spalding...

DSC_1599.thumb.JPG.6c0a37111d82b03fce504828a48feb36.JPG

• 6 months later...

Anyone know if Andy is still making 1200's ... and did he ever get to making the 1250 ? ... the last time I spoke to him he as planning a 760 combine as well... any news on that too ?

I absolutely LOVE this man's work... would have to be very hard up to sell my 1200 I must say... I was a bit of a twit to sell my MF30 drill too 

14 minutes ago, Lord Ferguson said:

Anyone know if Andy is still making 1200's ... and did he ever get to making the 1250 ? ... the last time I spoke to him he as planning a 760 combine as well... any news on that too ?

I absolutely LOVE this man's work... would have to be very hard up to sell my 1200 I must say... I was a bit of a twit to sell my MF30 drill too 

"A bit of a twit" B)

Even by your standards if you are lucky enough to own and appreciate one of Andy's models...well you don't sell it unless you are in the deep stuff or just plain stupid...er let me think which category the forenamed falls into :wub:

59 minutes ago, Udimore said:

"A bit of a twit" B)

Even by your standards if you are lucky enough to own and appreciate one of Andy's models...well you don't sell it unless you are in the deep stuff or just plain stupid...er let me think which category the forenamed falls into :wub:

He likes Massey Ferguson's so we already know which category he fits into........:P

5 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

But it's very nice to see him posting again!

i think Sean P is still waiting for his 1250 numerous years on ...

Yes I just read through this topic again as missed a few post and was wondering the same

Although he is probably better off without it anyway ;)

Simply stunning models 

Now then Mark, aye indeed Andy is still making 1200's and his 1250 is almost a go-er too, After quite a few years and various tooling changes to the 1200 he's getting there with it, as for a 760, i'm not sure but i do know Andy been getting a bit more done on the Claas combine, some parts are still to be developed, for more info just drop Andy an Email on info@classic-combines.com or give him a call on 01748 850905  

Archived