New Stewart trailers launch

toyboy

Anyone got any idea what the new Stewart trailers model will intail, they have posted up a couple of teaser pics on there Facebook page prior to the launch at the Lamma show next week, only thing I can see is its a triaxel and there doesn't seem to be any sign of the usuall vertically ribs along the length of the trailer, more like the Kane half pipe kind of idea. They seem to have kept this new trailer very much under wraps, wonder if they will transport it to the show in the dead of nite under cover, ha ha!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stewart-Trailers/129639077114908

Edited by toyboy

may be road illegal, but on farm perfectly legal, so why not make them, if they dont the farmer will only go else where ,or into europe to get similar, and thats another lost job here then, personally i recon its a beast . lot better looking that the euro tri axels we get models of 

They've just possted a full picture of it. Good looking it is, legal maybe not ;)

may be road illegal, but on farm perfectly legal, so why not make them, if they dont the farmer will only go else where ,or into europe to get similar, and thats another lost job here then, personally i recon its a beast . lot better looking that the euro tri axels we get models of 

Im not questioning the legality of it on a farm, infact I can see its use, and from what I've heard stewart is one of the best built trailers out there. I'd agree with you about the jobs in britain as well. Just makes you wonder how far farmers will push trailer sizes before vosa clamp down on weights etc

• Like 1

that i guess time will tell mate , to be honest the people that order that will be well aware of the rules, stewarts will tell  them , afterall they wouldnt make it and risk the flack selling it , bad for company image ect ,  sure some will try it on , but thats their own fault if they get caught   

sure looks a monster, monster price tag aswell i would think! doubt we will see many of them up in our neck of the woods or even in scotland. legal or not, before they have gone the length of research, designing and manufacturing this new model they must know there is a market out there for such large trailers. no word of steering axels, surely this would be a necessity on a trailer carrying 24 tons? 

I think it looks like a terrific trailer in all honesty. Typical Stewart engineering, heavily built and properly built. Looks the part. If a farmer wants to run it 'on farm' only, he could get an ex-haulage bulker and stick a bogey on it for literally a couple of grand. Better ride quality too! Nobody will buy this and NOT use it on the road and it isn't Stewarts place to tell them not too either, alas I doubt very much many people really do know the rules as well. This only demonstrates that people want to run illegally and manufacturers are willing to help them do it. Which I think is a problem and as I said on their FB page, we Brits are very backward when it comes to this.

• Like 1

The way I see it Tris is, farmers can push the boundries with 16-18 ton trailers running at 50kph and I don't think vosa will look too closely. But 20+ tonne capacity it a bit far I think. Most Fendts do 65k, deutz are now running 60k on some tractors, fergie at 54k. It doesn't take much before its MOT white diesel, trailer test, tacho's driving hours etc

• Like 1

With open arms I'd welcome it too, Pat. There are some real big farming enterprises in this country and there should be much better examples being set by such. The drivers hours would of course be a sticking point given the weather orientated work loads farmers and contractors have to work with and around but given the size, speed and weight of this modern kit, the current (lack of a) system is starting to show itself much more apparently in the modern day.

didnt take long for them to appear :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  so blake are they "road" legal over there then?? 

Ah them trailers have been about for a while, Couple of years for some.. 

Not Legal up here fully loaded, We have the same 24T Gross weight limit.. That silage trailer is a 25T model I Think!  :police:

But I know two of the above trailers are down in Southern Ireland and not sure about the laws etc..  

24T Isn't really that much, So I'd say a lot of people are breaking it day and daily up here anyway! Without the need for a Big Tri-Axle trailer..

That's the trouble, Blake. Kit nowadays caters for weights exceeding our outdated laws. Would a 25t silage trailer actually hold 25t of grass though, very doubtful so in this case the trailer is needed on its cubic capacity rather than it's weight capacity. Empty it must weigh near 7 or 8t though no?

That's the trouble, Blake. Kit nowadays caters for weights exceeding our outdated laws. Would a 25t silage trailer actually hold 25t of grass though, very doubtful so in this case the trailer is needed on its cubic capacity rather than it's weight capacity. Empty it must weigh near 7 or 8t though no?

Our 12 ton k-two is just over 4 tons empty and on the back on the 77 with about 6 tons of grain in is 18 tons and by my calculations with a full trailer it is 24 tons which is illegal when you think about it.

Certainly is legal. A Webcox 14t silage trailer is 6t empty!! So you are already looking at a weight of 18t for tractor and load, say 6t for a tractor leaving 12t for the load. Legal but 2t short as far as capacity goes. It's all b******t!! :lol:

Certainly is legal. A Webcox 14t silage trailer is 6t empty!! So you are already looking at a weight of 18t for tractor and load, say 6t for a tractor leaving 12t for the load. Legal but 2t short as far as capacity goes. It's all b******t!! :lol:

It's all a load of rubbish! An example of how little the authorities care about weight etc...is our neighbours. They have several old lorry trailers on dollys with no brakes and no lights. They were hauling straw over a 10 or so mile distance with 50 4 foot straw bales on one of these trailers, no idea what weight they would be but highly illegal. Ohh and they were on the back of Case MX110's that aren't in the best of shape

Ha!! Sounds about right!! The bales wouldn't way as much as you think, 76 bales on the artic and my gross is 28 - 31t depending on barley or wheat and how dry it was baled.

Suppose so, it wouldn't be that heavy but nowadays all trailers should be braked no matter what there carrying etc