Ford 7610 Super Q cabbed tractors - Model and Real Deal.

Great topic David,

I've always liked the look of the Super Q Fords, a pretty machine in my eyes. Bro' in law's got a 6810 here, not quite right to add a pic to this topic though.

The MFM 7610 model does look a nice bit of work for sure.

I wonder what the UH's new 56-7610's will turn out like - their 7810 was one of their better efforts of recent years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great topic David,

I've always liked the look of the Super Q Fords, a pretty machine in my eyes. Bro' in law's got a 6810 here, not quite right to add a pic to this topic though.

The MFM 7610 model does look a nice bit of work for sure.

I wonder what the UH's new 56-7610's will turn out like - their 7810 was one of their better efforts of recent years.

Thanks ever so much Mark, appreciated. Fantastic looking tractors many of which I have very fond memories of as a youngster. There were loads of variations from the range that I remember working on farms where I used to live. Rest assured i'm planning another topic to take into consideration the other model numbers and i've begun to collate loads of model and real machine photographs for a thread specific to the 7810 too. :)

Martyn's Gen III 7610 2wd is a lovely model, I certainly prefer it hugely over and above the MarGe Gen II 2wd. Like wise i'm very curious to see how UH's next batch of these models turn out. Totally agree with you too their 7810 is arguably one of the best model tractors they have produced. :)  

Thanks ever so much Mark, appreciated. Fantastic looking tractors many of which I have very fond memories of as a youngster. There were loads of variations from the range that I remember working on farms where I used to live. Rest assured i'm planning another topic to take into consideration the other model numbers and i've begun to collate loads of model and real machine photographs for a thread specific to the 7810 too. :)

Martyn's Gen III 7610 2wd is a lovely model, I certainly prefer it hugely over and above the MarGe Gen II 2wd. Like wise i'm very curious to see how UH's next batch of these models turn out. Totally agree with you too their 7810 is arguably one of the best model tractors they have produced. :)

As long as you don't look 'round the back! Despite that it is fantastic and the only UH tractor I have to date.

Some great pics of that 7610 yoked up to that jag David, Classic silage making at its best!!! ........ good news is i found the tractor an the forager........ just got to find that trailer somewhere  :laugh:  :laugh:

Thank you ever so much Paul. Great to hear this lovely classic combination has struck a chord with you. I really will have to try and re-visit this farm if I can over the course of the coming year. :)

Can't wait to see this combination in model form. 8)

Whenever I see a trailed forager being used it warms me.

Fully agree with you Oliver. Whilst I have really enjoyed and had the pleasure of photographing five large self propelled foragers in the last two years there's something about seeing a trailed tractor based outfit that to me is all the more exciting. Even though the 7610 based set up is the only one i've photographed recently i'm still aware of at least half a dozen others working not far from where I used to live and have great memories of several others. The 7610 / Claas Jaguar combination is definitely my favourite though. :)

Now then David..... after a bit of searching is still hunting for the Easterby looky like trailer that i got somewhere but hope you like these in the mean time ;)  ;)

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

The Claas Jag, 8ton Marshall and green single axle trailers are all the work of Andy "ASHCON" (you'd have seen his 7840 at dads memorial show) who spent a summer dragging a real deal of the green trailers about chopper chasing... the blue twin axle was my 1st attempt at a scratch build a good few years ago now, but based on a couple of local trailers :)

Brilliant topic David, hope you dont mind me adding a photo or two.

7610may1990.jpg

This is our 7610. Purchased new by the farm in 1989 and still going today. In one way it is the most modern tractor on the farm as it has been fitted with a gps guidance system. Still works hard every year flat rolling nearly all of the fields, fertilising all of the fields at least once, mowing, grain hauling , muckspreading, slurry tanking , ploughing and all of the hedgecutting.

229828_325095877571033_969560923_n.jpg

Now then David..... after a bit of searching is still hunting for the Easterby looky like trailer that i got somewhere but hope you like these in the mean time ;)  ;)

The Claas Jag, 8ton Marshall and green single axle trailers are all the work of Andy "ASHCON" (you'd have seen his 7840 at dads memorial show) who spent a summer dragging a real deal of the green trailers about chopper chasing... the blue twin axle was my 1st attempt at a scratch build a good few years ago now, but based on a couple of local trailers :)

Great stuff Paul, thanks for putting those combinations together and posting them up to the forum. Remember Andy's 7840 very well from your Dad's memorial show. Smart looking tractor. :) Great to see three very different scratchbuilt trailers behind the Jaguar too and the information behind them. :)

Thanks for the kind words about the 7610 2wd last week at the toy fair was the 7610 4wd so i thought i would add it to this topic although its not a super Q cab. Thanks Martyn.

You're very welcome Martyn. It's absolutely cracking model that i'm delighted to have residing in my collection. :) As for UH's attempts at the earlier Q cabbed example, I do quite like that despite the later style wheels being fitted. :)

Brilliant topic David, hope you dont mind me adding a photo or two.

This is our 7610. Purchased new by the farm in 1989 and still going today. In one way it is the most modern tractor on the farm as it has been fitted with a gps guidance system. Still works hard every year flat rolling nearly all of the fields, fertilising all of the fields at least once, mowing, grain hauling , muckspreading, slurry tanking , ploughing and all of the hedgecutting.

The more the merrier Tommy, thank you ever so much, and thanks for sharing your photographs. Fantastic looking tractor you have there. :)

Great topic David ,brilliant pictures of the real tractors , the martyns and DBP 76's you have are excellent looking models , never been a fan of marge's efforts though,something about them just doe'snt look right  . these series 10 fords bring back alot of memories for me ,so keep them pictures coming ,

Great topic David ,brilliant pictures of the real tractors , the martyns and DBP 76's you have are excellent looking models , never been a fan of marge's efforts though,something about them just doe'snt look right  . these series 10 fords bring back alot of memories for me ,so keep them pictures coming ,

Thanks ever so much Shawn, appreciate your kind comments. I'm definitely a huge fan of Martyn's and Dave's models, the MarGe models i'm still not totally convinced by them, particularly their 8730, despite getting all excited about them when they originally introduced the 7610 models. I bought the four wheel drive Super Q model on the basis of the following tractor I photographed last year which has been fitted with a set of front mudguards much more modern than the tractor itself.

I'm hoping to catch up with this tractor again this year operating a New Holland 940 rectangular baler.

P1190742_zpsb21218b1.jpg

P1190744_zpsc2221b0c.jpg

You're very welcome Martyn. It's absolutely cracking model that i'm delighted to have residing in my collection. :) As for UH's attempts at the earlier Q cabbed example, I do quite like that despite the later style wheels being fitted. :)

That is to date the most inaccurate model UH have produced. The later type wheels are the least of its problems, it has a carraro front axle and incorrect wheels they are correct for force 2  generation one tractors had zf axles not carraro.  They have used a flat deck cab from 7810 and put generation one roof onto it it should have straddle mount cab- they even put digital dashboard in it- this tractor makes the MF 690 look good!.

Great stuff Paul, thanks for putting those combinations together and posting them up to the forum. Remember Andy's 7840 very well from your Dad's memorial show. Smart looking tractor. :) Great to see three very different scratchbuilt trailers behind the Jaguar too and the information behind them. :)

No problem David.....i'll find that Easterby type trailer somewhere and post it up, and try and set it up for an action shot :)

That is to date the most inaccurate model UH have produced. The later type wheels are the least of its problems, it has a carraro front axle and incorrect wheels they are correct for force 2  generation one tractors had zf axles not carraro.  They have used a flat deck cab from 7810 and put generation one roof onto it it should have straddle mount cab- they even put digital dashboard in it- this tractor makes the MF 690 look good!.

Thank you for highlighting the further inaccuracies of the older version UH are due to launch Elgan. :) Many of which i'd completely over looked and certainly worthy of discussion in the appropriate topic. That said ( and maybe it's just the blue bias I have in my blood, i'm not sure ) but put the 7610 alongside the 690 ( or 6290 for that matter ) and I know exactly which one i'd be pointing a rifle at, given the chance. The older 7610 has a good number of faults ( another model tractor for the custom builders to pull apart and show UH just how it should be done ) but it is still much more aesthetically pleasing than either of the two Massey models which just look so blatantly woeful from any angle.

....Back on topic another selection of photographs of top UK match ploughman Edward Griffin's 7610. :)

DSC00168_zpsc5b5b140.jpg

DSC00171_zps0cf88005.jpg

DSC00252_zpsa2d8381c.jpg

• 2 years later...

Interesting very few people have criticized the Marge models, I just bought the 7610 sq series 3 2wd and notice straight off the steps are not right then looking at the tombstone and weights carrier its like the model makers dropped the wax master bending the tombstone and weights frame up, all in all very disappointing

57 minutes ago, Neil D said:

Interesting very few people have criticized the Marge models, I just bought the 7610 sq series 3 2wd and notice straight off the steps are not right then looking at the tombstone and weights carrier its like the model makers dropped the wax master bending the tombstone and weights frame up, all in all very disappointing

Are you sure it's a force 3 you have? They only do q cabbed and gen 2. I have a few of them and both the steps and the tombstone are correct in them all. 

Archived