North East Model Farm & Construction Show 5th May Aberdeen

Big A

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'm looking forward to the trip up in May, and first time to the show, but by looks of the previous years reports it's going to be worth the journey ;)  :)

Hopefully the snow will be gone by then Paul and I'm sure you will enjoy the show and the Granite City ;D  ;D

On the way home today after visiting dad and dropping mum off at Kemnay I stopped at the lay by with Bob's burger van just outside Dunecht on the main Alford to Aberdeen Road and got a larger A3 banner up. I must try and stop again when he is open and get a smaller A3 one up beside the van and see if he will take flyers etc since.lorry drivers use this van quite a lot since it is in a prime location for them if they are missing Aberdeen and coming off at Stonehaven towards Netherlley and Peterculter before joining the A96 between Kintore and Inverurie.

P1010797_zps9f5f9d29.jpg

P1010796_zps928de7b1.jpg

Next stop the corner of Nicol of Skene's crushing and recycling plant where I had a word with Arthur who was carting stones off the end rigs so he would be able to plough them after the snow has disappeared. Not a problem but Derek had already told me last year I could stick up banners or posters where ever I wanted but I always think its nice be be pleasant and say please and thank you ;D  ;D

P1010798_zps60047f69.jpg

It was around 4pm when I got to Peterculter so I decided to avoid the football pitch at the Mill Inn Hotel since traffic was getting busier. That will be the third point since there are always tail backs there with people coming from Peterculter to Stonehaven.

I'll do a 4th larger one on the way into Peterculter from Banchory and Drumoak but I need to make a backing board first so I can hang it onto the existing piece where the Banchory Show & Castle Fraser Steam Fair hang their yearly banner.

P1010780_zpse029556d.jpg

A few more pieces up in Drumoak and Peterculter today.

At the T junction heading from Sunnyside on to the Main Banchory to Aberedeen Road.

ST839624_zps20849a98.jpg

Just before the bridge and 30mph zone coming into Peterculter.

ST839622_zps76c585e0.jpg

ST839621_zps21203a30.jpg

At the other side of the larger banner heading towards Drumoak.

P1010802_zps9b11ccbe.jpg

Next at the Z bend after the Rob Roy bridge at Peterculter.

P1010801_zps16aa62f4.jpg

I have just had a call from Stewart Duncan from Aberdeen who was trading at Dingwall and Carlisle and  will also be at The Aberdeen Tree tops this Sunday and also Sunday 5th May 2013 for the NEMF&CS.. Stewart is really an officer and gentleman and he was saying he had met up with you at Carlise Shaun and will again at Aberdeen,

He was telling me he had phoned Colin Lawson a haulier in Aberdeen and he will be delivering posters there tomorrow. In addition he said he will visit Gary Thompson the transport manager at  William Nicol Tankers at Porthlethen. In addition he said some of the drivers would deliver posters down South 8)

Stewart did say he had a bone to pick with me and I was shocked...but it was only to say I had beaten him to get a poster and flyers in at the Transport Cafe at Inchture  just before Dundee 8)  8)

Stewart has been a trader at the Aberdeen show from the start and well I really have to say he may be a trader/ sales man but he really is a first class promoter for the show with all his contacts in the haulage trade for over 40 years. When they made Stewart they threw the mould away since I have never known such a genuine salesman ;D  ;D

Today I rattled up some rather rustic poster boards from the available materials I could find at the folks at Kemnay and on the way to visit dad at Inverurie hospital we stopped off at the Gauchill Round about and I knocked two boards into the grass on the roundabout.

First one to be seen coming from Kemnay to Kintore to the A96 dual carriage way from inverurie to Aberdeen.

P1010867_zpsa4d95855.jpg

Second approaching the roundabout from Lyne of Skene to Kintore / Inverurie

P1010868_zpsd5c3285a.jpg

P1010869_zps49c0b917.jpg

Next stop Thainstone roundabout at Aberdeen and Northern Marts  but this is a fast one and may not be seen as well as the Gauchill Roundabout but hey ho I was passing anyway so nothing to loose ;D  ;D

P1010870_zpsa61b5880.jpg

P1010871_zps786d6a1c.jpg

Today I rattled up some rather rustic poster boards from the available materials I could find at the folks at Kemnay and on the way to visit dad at Inverurie hospital we stopped off at the Gauchill Round about and I knocked two boards into the grass on the roundabout.

First one to be seen coming from Kemnay to Kintore to the A96 dual carriage way from inverurie to Aberdeen.

P1010867_zpsa4d95855.jpg

Second approaching the roundabout from Lyne of Skene to Kintore / Inverurie

P1010868_zpsd5c3285a.jpg

P1010869_zps49c0b917.jpg

Next stop Thainstone roundabout at Aberdeen and Northern Marts  but this is a fast one and may not be seen as well as the Gauchill Roundabout but hey ho I was passing anyway so nothing to loose ;D  ;D

P1010870_zpsa61b5880.jpg

P1010871_zps786d6a1c.jpg

Bill,Take this Beauty Spa sign down and get a banner made to go in its place!!!!!!

Yes Shaun...but I DON'T want to annoy any local business and hope "joe public" see the A3 posters and hope the local council leave them and don't ask for planning permission etc ;D  ;D

Yes the hall should be empty by this time in 5 weeks Mark. I was there from 9 am till 3 pm at the Grampian Minature Collectors Fayre in the smaller hall and it was very busy. They seem to have been kick started by Darren Nuthall from the Teckno Club coming up and selling models. I managed to leave flyers and posters at the pay desk and they were being dished out by Jim Hoggan the treasurer and club member Bob McKay. In addition Ian May from Whyte's Cranes went away with another 25 A4 posters and I left quite a few flyers with Stewart Duncan.

PS I had to laugh when I said to Ian I could give him smaller flyers as well and he said no no ....the A4 poster's have pictures of my display from the first year at the Dyce Marriot 8)  8)

Yes the hall should be empty by this time in 5 weeks Mark. I was there from 9 am till 3 pm at the Grampian Minature Collectors Fayre in the smaller hall and it was very busy. They seem to have been kick started by Darren Nuthall from the Teckno Club coming up and selling models. I managed to leave flyers and posters at the pay desk and they were being dished out by Jim Hoggan the treasurer and club member Bob McKay. In addition Ian May from Whyte's Cranes went away with another 20 A4 posters and I left quite a few flyers with Stewart Duncan.

if people dont turn up the must be blind an not able to read the amount of work you put in bill, pat on the back mate

All the promoting I'm doing is in my travels anyway Paul. I was a bit disappointed to see one poster was removed between Saturday afternoon and Sunday after noon at Kemnay. I thought it might have been a drunken Saturday night prank but the tie wraps were not left. I guess someone thought it "inappropriate" to put one on the railings at the War Memorial....buy hey ho I will put another up opposite the road end on a fence wire.

Well said Mark, Bill a one man events promotion team....... Top job Bill, it's a credit to you :)

I think if Bill was to start up a promotions business he would make a fortune.

I was talking to a lorry driver from kintore yesterday, he said it would be hard to forget the show was on as nearly every roundabout or road he was on had some sort of advertising. Well done Bill thanks very much for your efforts.

I was talking to a lorry driver from kintore yesterday, he said it would be hard to forget the show was on as nearly every roundabout or road he was on had some sort of advertising. Well done Bill thanks very much for your efforts.

I think Bill is trying for a FREE entry pass to the show for is promotion work.Great work Bill and much appreciated by us sellers that are coming along way up to the show.

Well that is food for thought since I'm likely to get paid off next March Andy....but  I plan to have have a 3 to 6 months out doing my own thing.

Well I'm glad the new form of A3 poster and signage is having an effect Andy....as I said if you get any bother from anyone about them pass them on to me and I will plead ignorance and give then a story about a charitable show etc.I hope I will not get prosecuted and end up in CraigInches Prison on the weekend of the show ;D  ;D

I think Bill is trying for a FREE entry pass to the show for is promotion work.Great work Bill and much appreciated by us sellers that are coming along way up to the show.

Well I hope I will Shaun since I will be staying at hotel the night before and will be up at 5am to assist with the set up. We may need to hire the services of your Alsatian dog as well since there were some tight "son's of unmarried mothers" who sneaked in early last year which kind of annoys me given it isn't expensive to get into and well what kind of entertainment could you get for  Â£ 3 for 6 hours ;D  ;D ...I hope you will do well at the show Shaun  and well I know you will from me if you can bring the right elusive Britain's for me at the right price 8)

if people dont turn up the must be blind an not able to read the amount of work you put in bill, pat on the back mate

I have a few walking sticks I need to dispose of Mark.... I think maybe I need to paint them white and put on a few roundabouts ;D  ;D

I have a few walking sticks I need to dispose of Mark.... I think maybe I need to paint them white and put on a few roundabouts ;D  ;D

think you should bill ha ha!, then they will have no excuse :);)

I stopped in past BA Stores at Lyne of Skene today and picked up the unused posters and flyers from the DMR, Gretna and Dingwall Show. I spoke to Patsy Brownie and told her about the success of Callum's Dingwall show and then said there was going to be a Tombola at the Aberdeen Treetops show in 4 weeks time and well would she be interested in giving us something. Here is what I got ...3 mugs and all farming related 8)

Again BA Stores have supported this show each years by taking and displaying posters and flyers. After the TT show the next best event I will be at in May 2013 ;D  ;D

P1020125_zpsd8374b46.jpg

Yesterday evening I had a walk into the village of Kemnay and put up another poster after the one from the railings at the War Memorial had been removed.

P1020126_zpsbc16d557.jpg

P1020127_zps5875af4a.jpg

A few weeks ago I dropped A4 posters off at Sidelines and one of the butchers. The butcher lady put the poster up on the front door straight away but I could not see one in Sideline....but they had displayed it on an interior notice board.

P1020129_zps64b520e4.jpg

P1020128_zpsb81a11e8.jpg

Archived