North East Model Farm & Construction Show 5th May Aberdeen

Big A

I'm like the Mods Sean....I like to keep the post count up.. ;D  ;D ...you need to speculate to  accumulate....and like wise you need to advertise to get the folk through the door and money for charity which I don't think many shows  outwith Scotland actually do :unsure:  :huh:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes thats true Bill im going to be taxi driver and have more time to enjoy the displays and at least ill be able to escape before i spend too much , oh wait ive already got 5 models on order that is going to be painful

i will give you a call on thursday or friday evening as i should be in at a reasonable time from work

Its looking good for another successful show this year with plenty of entry forms arriving back to Andy :)

Now to get going with poster and flyer distribution to keep the public coming in through the doors O0

Bill, as all ways, is putting in some sterling support to us on the advertising front :)  ;)

Today I had to go out to Kemnay and dad sit since mum had a funeral. Instead of sitting I took him for a run up to Alford since I wanted to deliver some posters and flyers in that area and then down to my blacksmith's at Millbank Cluny to leave a piece of cast for welding.

I stopped off at the Heritage Centre and the nice French lady at the desk put a poster up and I left 25 flyers on the table at the door. She said I should try the Transport Museum but I said I thought it was closed for the Winter. It was but she said I might get someone in the office. Sure enough I did so that is anothe poster and 25 flyers left for visitors when it opens at the end of March. Next stop was at a general hardware store Gordons of Alford who sell models and in fact almost anything from a needle to an anchor. Again the chap put up a poster and I left another 25 flyers. I think Alford in Donside should be well enough covered for advertising the show ;D  ;D

After a stop off at my blacksmiths Billy & Alistair Nicol and a good old news I took dad back to Kemnay and then headed for home and had a pit stop at B.A.Stores. I spoke to Patsy Brownie and she put up a poster on the front entrance and I have left another poster and 50 flyers on the table beside the main counter.

At this rate I may need some more  flyers Andy but I can always resort to copying on to A4 then chopping on the guillotine. They are an odd size...can only fit  2 on to an A4 page  and then a lot of chopping. I'll see how many I shift over the next couple of weeks before I try that. 

What about your sandwich boards Dode...they are imperative for advertising to be chained to the lamppost on the road which passes by the Treetops :huh:

Where's Alan and 1:1 Bruder/Claas combo ;) ....that would work as advertising.

I'm intending on going, subject to Holiday booking or shift switching.

EDIT: I'm getting concerned that the web is not backing me up on the real Claas being in a Bruder box ever existing...

I remember seeing the remanants of that box in the top field at BA Stores working weekend a few years ago. I suspect it is now gone or if not well past its sell by date.

I'm remember seeing it as we;; Brian  but I have no photos.....I recall there were photos on FTF but where about they are now I just don't know...maybe even deleted since that would have been in the days of the old forum. I must ask Alan and see if he has any photos....it was a cunning idea 8) ...but that is Alan at his best always coming up with new ideas and different things.

After a carvery lunch at noon at the Isle of Skye in Perth I proceed home via agricultural dealers and truck stops etc to deliver posters and flyers for the Aberdeen show. I am now only left with around 25 flyers but would have none left had had Stracathro services taken....Andy / Brian that's an off air story. 

All you  travelling from south of Brechin will by pass Stracathro which is 50 miles south of Aberdeen and you will see on the side of the building

YE MAY GANG FAUR AND FARE WARE.

which loosely translates to "you can go far afield and not be assured of finding anything this good".

I got posters and flyers out at the following places including a poster for Callum's Show at Dingwall this coming Saturday.

Earnvale Tractors the JD dealers at Balbeggie 

Agricar the NH dealers in Perth

Reekies the MF dealers in Perth

Horse Shoe Truck Stop at Inchture near Dundee

Model Shop Invergowrie near Dundee

DA Motor Factors in Forfar

Lawrie and Symington - Forfar Mart

Alan Mackay the MF dealer near Forfar on the Kirriemuir Road

Netherton Tractor the JD dealers at Finavon near Forfar

I hope I can get another 500 flyers from Andy this week otherwise I will have to make my own ;D  ;D 

I did go round past Sellars in Perth but there was a poster on the front door and behind the counter and also flyers on the counter....I had to laugh Brian had beaten me to that one and then silly me walk out and forgot to leave a poster for Callum's Dingwall show :angry: 

I did not know Reekie and Sellar's in Perth were only a stones throw from each other.

Having 4 days in Scotland so looking forward to the show and having a look around the surrounding area.Hope to catch up with everybody north of the border.Will be having a couple of tables at the show and selling Britains Farm Toys.

After catching up down at Gretna Bill, im looking forward to my trip up north, Roll on May :)

Won't be long Paul and 8 weeks today you should be back home again ;D  ;D

Having 4 days in Scotland so looking forward to the show and having a look around the surrounding area.Hope to catch up with everybody north of the border.Will be having a couple of tables at the show and selling Britains Farm Toys.

Thanks for the call today Shaun when I was just leaving Perth on my way home and as I said if you have time when you are up here you and Carol are most welcome to come out past and see my collections and talk Britain's and rotovator's etc ;D  ;D

Sounds like a plan Bill.Make sure you have some coffee in the house,or i will set my dog on you!!! :) .Good to catch up with you and have a good talk and make sure you bring some money with you to the Aberdeen show as i will need some fuel money to get back home. 

No worries Shaun...I buy Nescafe coffee in bulk from Costco ( John Cranston aka jdc will confirm ;D  ;D ) and well most of what you will get to eat will be from Costco in terms of sarnies, cookies and cup cakes etc ;D  ;D

I'm sure your Alsatian is a good one but if not I'll maybe have to borrow John Cranston's wife's Maureen's (aka Tartan Terror's) little Jack Russel called Locki...a lively young dog named after the Norse God associated with mischief and trickery ;D  ;D

If you can come up with the elusive mint in boxed elusive models from my collection you will get some good Scottish notes for then ;D  ;D

I have already attended two brilliant shows in Scotland this year..Callum Morrison's one at Dingwall last Sunday and Kenny & Shirley Beeton's one at Gretna the Sunday before. Now is the time to focus on the 3rd Aberdeen one at the Treetops and step up the advertising campaign.

On the way back from Dingwall on Sunday Andy and myself stopped at the "Bin Hill" Transport Cafe at Carnie near Huntly and got a poster in there.

Today I was going out to Kemnay to take mum shopping before going to see my dad who has been transferred from Abereen Royal Infirmary to the local Inverurie hospital for a few days following his urine infection. On the way out I stopped at Marshall Farm Shop and Resturant and Kenny Marshall put up a poster.

Next shop was the Kintore butcher J&G Dossett and again the proprietor John put up a poster.

Next Morrisons Inverurie but there was not much space on the Community Board but hopefully there will be more space the next time I'm there and armed with some drawing pins ;D  ;D

Around the corner to the Magpie Charity Warehouse and one of the workers or voulenteers who seemed very interested had a poster up on the front door before I left...me thinks I need to go back there maybe tomorrow with some flyers and well there were a couple of corner unit displays which could be good for smaller Border Fine Art Displays ;D

Down the road and the lady at the Inverurie Model shop took a poster.

The final stop was at the Kintore Throphy Centre in Inverurie and again the proprietor had a poster on his windown before I was out the door.

I think that should cover Kintore and Kemnay in Donside since I have already targetted 3 places in Alford. 8)

Now need to focus on my own area Deeside and I have just bought an A3 laminator off my BP Nectar points so I have some ideas for A3 advertising ;D  ;D .

Thanks Shaun...you will probably see Stewart Duncan from Aberdeen  there as well...he got 100 poster's from me at Dingwall on Sunday. Be sure to go and speak to Stewart he is really an officer and gentleman and has done a heck of a lot of promotion for every Abedeen show since the first one 8)

Archived